Sleep Mode??

Eddie

Sleep Mode??
Does anyone know how to make a windows vista machine go into sleep mode ive
properly configured my Bios Cmos setting but still the thing wont go to sleep
im talking about complete sleep mode hard drives not spinning etc.
Sparks

Re: Sleep Mode??
There is a setting in the 'power plan'. In you current power plan click on
'change power settings', then click 'advanced power settings'. Click on
'multimedia settings', then click on 'when sharing multimedia' and set those
options to 'allow the computer to sleep'. That should solve you problem.

=============================

"Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to make a windows vista machine go into sleep mode
> ive
> properly configured my Bios Cmos setting but still the thing wont go to
> sleep
> im talking about complete sleep mode hard drives not spinning etc.

swiftflo

Re: Sleep Mode??
Alternatively, try :- Control Panel-Device Manager-Left click Keyboard-right
click "your keyboard"-left click properties-left click "power management"-
uncheck "allow this device to wake computer". The carry out this with your
mouse. The only downside if this works for you is that you have to press the
on/off switch to wake the pc up from sleep. This is how I use "sleep".

"Sparks" <NetBiznessMan@comcast.net> wrote in message
> There is a setting in the 'power plan'. In you current power plan click on
> 'change power settings', then click 'advanced power settings'. Click on
> 'multimedia settings', then click on 'when sharing multimedia' and set
> those options to 'allow the computer to sleep'. That should solve you
> problem.

> "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know how to make a windows vista machine go into sleep mode
>> ive
>> properly configured my Bios Cmos setting but still the thing wont go to
>> sleep
>> im talking about complete sleep mode hard drives not spinning etc.

Eddie

Re: Sleep Mode??
Thank you sparks your solution worked