Blue screen problem leads to problems playing CD's

RN

Blue screen problem leads to problems playing CD's
Hi:

I run Vista Home Premium on an HP laptop. A few weeks ago, I frequently
began getting blue screens of death when shutting down. This seemed to link
to a USB device. Checking device manager, my Ipod was identified as having
problems, even though it was up to date as was Itunes. My solution was to
simply unplug my Itunes.

Nevertheless, these problems continue, and I have also received the error
message RQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (the first letter of the message was cut off).

I have not resolved these problems. However, I now have another problem.
Playing cd's in my cd/dvd drive results in badly distorted sound and
skipping, even on brand new cd's that play perfectly on other machines.

Any ideas on how to address these problems? No problems with drivers
indictaed on device manager, and I also use driveragent.com - everything is
up to date.

Thanks,

Richard
Samuel Marin

Re: Blue screen problem leads to problems playing CD's
Sounds like a dead sound chip to me.

Sam.

RN a écrit :
> Hi:
>
> I run Vista Home Premium on an HP laptop. A few weeks ago, I frequently
> began getting blue screens of death when shutting down. This seemed to link
> to a USB device. Checking device manager, my Ipod was identified as having
> problems, even though it was up to date as was Itunes. My solution was to
> simply unplug my Itunes.
>
> Nevertheless, these problems continue, and I have also received the error
> message RQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (the first letter of the message was cut off).
>
> I have not resolved these problems. However, I now have another problem.
> Playing cd's in my cd/dvd drive results in badly distorted sound and
> skipping, even on brand new cd's that play perfectly on other machines.
>
> Any ideas on how to address these problems? No problems with drivers
> indictaed on device manager, and I also use driveragent.com - everything is
> up to date.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard

RN

Re: Blue screen problem leads to problems playing CD's
Thanks SAm. What kind of chip? Richard