CD/DVD RW error code 39

davdun75

CD/DVD RW error code 39
Vista no longer recognizes CD/DVD RW drive; is listed in Hardware and in
BIOS but driver corrupt or missing. Have run Repair on Vista, Sys Restore,
retried driver installation, removed recent software... still get error Code
39. Microsoft has no solution, by default error reporting and search for
solution.
Cal Bear '66

Re: CD/DVD RW error code 39
Try this:

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"davdun75" <davdun75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Vista no longer recognizes CD/DVD RW drive; is listed in Hardware and in
> BIOS but driver corrupt or missing. Have run Repair on Vista, Sys Restore,
> retried driver installation, removed recent software... still get error Code
> 39. Microsoft has no solution, by default error reporting and search for
> solution.

Peter Foldes

Re: CD/DVD RW error code 39
Code 39

Peter

"davdun75" <davdun75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:367E98D1-BC24-489E-A224-F317ABAAA5B5@microsoft.com...
> Vista no longer recognizes CD/DVD RW drive; is listed in Hardware and in
> BIOS but driver corrupt or missing. Have run Repair on Vista, Sys Restore,
> retried driver installation, removed recent software... still get error Code
> 39. Microsoft has no solution, by default error reporting and search for
> solution.

HammerTime

RE: CD/DVD RW error code 39
hi davdun75
just want to let you know that, I had the same problem happen to me also...I
have Windows Vista Premium...and for some reason lost my E Drive. Device
Manager yellow flagged it...and couldnt figure it out. I followed Cal Bear
'66 link
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929461 and it worked. DO
EXACTLY WHAT IS SAID....and make sure to check you have the right key
number...and delete lower and higher filters...then reboot. Works Great...and
have my e drive back.
HOPE THIS IS HELP FULL
HammerTime

"davdun75" wrote:

> Vista no longer recognizes CD/DVD RW drive; is listed in Hardware and in
> BIOS but driver corrupt or missing. Have run Repair on Vista, Sys Restore,
> retried driver installation, removed recent software... still get error Code
> 39. Microsoft has no solution, by default error reporting and search for
> solution.

what is error code 39

RE: CD/DVD RW error code 39

"davdun75" wrote:

> Vista no longer recognizes CD/DVD RW drive; is listed in Hardware and in
> BIOS but driver corrupt or missing. Have run Repair on Vista, Sys Restore,
> retried driver installation, removed recent software... still get error Code
> 39. Microsoft has no solution, by default error reporting and search for
> solution.

Michele

RE: CD/DVD RW error code 39
My problem is also a code 39 but with a twist. At end of Oct., I tried to
install a digital camera and I believe that is when my drive stopped working.
However, I originally went into device manager and under dvd/cd-rom drives
listed:HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GSA-HIIN ATA device. I felt this might be my problem
and I deleted it. Now I'm left with local drive c: only. I cannot run any
discs of any sort and decided to troubleshoot the code 39. I went into the
registry editor and deleted the upper and lower filters with no solution. I
then attempted to restore my system but my computer does not recognize my
drive. I think I may of haphazardly erased my cd/dvd rw drive. HELP! Is
there anything I can do now?
--
shellycat

"davdun75" wrote:

> Vista no longer recognizes CD/DVD RW drive; is listed in Hardware and in
> BIOS but driver corrupt or missing. Have run Repair on Vista, Sys Restore,
> retried driver installation, removed recent software... still get error Code
> 39. Microsoft has no solution, by default error reporting and search for
> solution.

Lilly

RE: CD/DVD RW error code 39
I'm the same, I installed my digital camera and that's when my DVD drive
somehow disappeared...

I can't locate the upper and lower filters....
I have the right folder and everything but there are no filters...