Texas Instruments PCI GemCore based SmartCard controller producing"page_fault_in_non_paged_area"

Gadafi

Texas Instruments PCI GemCore based SmartCard controller producing"page_fault_in_non_paged_area"
I have installed windows vista ultimate onto my HP NX9420 laptop,
everytime I connect PCMCIA 3G Vodafone Mobile Connect card to the
laptop I get a BSOD: "page_fault_in_non_paged_area".
Google-ing around discovered standing issue with above mentioned Texas
Instruments PCI GemCore based SmartCard controller and PCMCIA 3G and
WiFi cards.The "solution" to this is disabling controller in Device
Manager.

Tryed to raise this issue with HP and now trying with Microsoft.

Has anybody comeup this problem... ??? Any solutions???
Malke

Re: Texas Instruments PCI GemCore based SmartCard controller producing"page_fault_in_non_paged_area"
Gadafi wrote:
> I have installed windows vista ultimate onto my HP NX9420 laptop,
> everytime I connect PCMCIA 3G Vodafone Mobile Connect card to the
> laptop I get a BSOD: "page_fault_in_non_paged_area".
> Google-ing around discovered standing issue with above mentioned Texas
> Instruments PCI GemCore based SmartCard controller and PCMCIA 3G and
> WiFi cards.The "solution" to this is disabling controller in Device
> Manager.
>
> Tryed to raise this issue with HP and now trying with Microsoft.
>
> Has anybody comeup this problem... ??? Any solutions???

Did you install all the drivers for your computer from HP? Motherboard?
Texas Instruments Smart Card controller? If not, you need to do so. Get
them from HP's website for your specific model laptop.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Gadafi

Re: Texas Instruments PCI GemCore based SmartCard controllerproducing "page_fault_in_non_paged_area"
> Did you install all the drivers for your computer from HP? Motherboard?
> Texas Instruments Smart Card controller? If not, you need to do so. Get
> them from HP's website for your specific model laptop.

There are no drivers for that controller.. I couldnt find any??

Gadafi wrote:
>> Did you install all the drivers for your computer from HP? Motherboard?
>> Texas Instruments Smart Card controller? If not, you need to do so. Get
>> them from HP's website for your specific model laptop.

> There are no drivers for that controller.. I couldnt find any??

Sounds like the Vodafone card isn't compatible with Vista. I would check
with their tech support.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Gadafi

Re: Texas Instruments PCI GemCore based SmartCard controllerproducing "page_fault_in_non_paged_area"

Vodafone Mobile Connect card is compatible with Vista 100%. From Soft
9.1. The same problems have users with PCMCI cards in major to
specify... wireless cards and with 3g cards incopatible with TI
GemCore based SmartCard controller. 3g moble connect card is working
great untill you update vista, and TI GemCore based SmartCard
controller is updated/instaled..

Google-ing around discovered issue with above mentioned Texas
Instruments PCI GemCore based SmartCard controller and PCMCIA
cards.The sort of "solution" to this is disabling controller in Device
Manager. After that 3g and wifi cards are working great...

objober is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SOLUTION!!!!

Same symptoms, same brand, same BSOD.

Confirm the driver version of your Texas Instruments PCI GemCore based SmartCard controller is 1.0.1.19 (or older) then Google the terms: "GemCore" and "1.0.1.20".

The exact driver zip file title was: "fmd-en-20080401120816"

I did a manual driver update from Device Manager, not from the included setup file.

Plugged in my Wireless G adapter, restarted 5 times, no issues!

I'm making a note here: "HUGE SUCCESS!" -GLaDOS