Sandisk mini USB Flash ???

jewelsmommy

Sandisk mini USB Flash ???

I just ordered a new laptop and it has not arrived yet. It is a HP
Pavilion w/ Windows Vista Home Premium. I went out and got a Sandisk
Cruzer mini USB Flash drive (2 GB). My question is will it be
compatible? I looked on Sandisk website and the same model in purple
says that it works with Vista but the black didn't. I am confused and
I am worried that I wasted $40. I also called Sandisk and the guy on
the phone assured me that it would, but I don't know.

Thanks for any advice.

--
jewelsmommy
> I just ordered a new laptop and it has not arrived yet. It is a HP
> Pavilion w/ Windows Vista Home Premium. I went out and got a Sandisk
> Cruzer mini USB Flash drive (2 GB). My question is will it be
> compatible? I looked on Sandisk website and the same model in purple
> says that it works with Vista but the black didn't. I am confused and
> I am worried that I wasted $40. I also called Sandisk and the guy on
> the phone assured me that it would, but I don't know.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>

> --
> jewelsmommy

It will work. Mine does.

Spirit

Re: Sandisk mini USB Flash ???
Mine works too, the U3 stuff probably will not if yours has that included.

"jewelsmommy" <jewelsmommy.31ikz0@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I just ordered a new laptop and it has not arrived yet. It is a HP
> Pavilion w/ Windows Vista Home Premium. I went out and got a Sandisk
> Cruzer mini USB Flash drive (2 GB). My question is will it be
> compatible? I looked on Sandisk website and the same model in purple
> says that it works with Vista but the black didn't. I am confused and
> I am worried that I wasted $40. I also called Sandisk and the guy on
> the phone assured me that it would, but I don't know.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>

> --
> jewelsmommy

Orpheus75

Re: Sandisk mini USB Flash ???
I have the 1 gig version [just bought it the other day in fact].
Using Vista Ultimate 32:
All items including the flash drive and all included software items work
great ))
this includes the Avast Virus included along with the CruzSync and the
Signup Shield software.

"Spirit" wrote:

> Mine works too, the U3 stuff probably will not if yours has that included.
>
> "jewelsmommy" <jewelsmommy.31ikz0@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
> >
> > I just ordered a new laptop and it has not arrived yet. It is a HP
> > Pavilion w/ Windows Vista Home Premium. I went out and got a Sandisk
> > Cruzer mini USB Flash drive (2 GB). My question is will it be
> > compatible? I looked on Sandisk website and the same model in purple
> > says that it works with Vista but the black didn't. I am confused and
> > I am worried that I wasted $40. I also called Sandisk and the guy on
> > the phone assured me that it would, but I don't know.
> >
> > Thanks for any advice.
> >

> > --
> > jewelsmommy

xguntherc

Re: Sandisk mini USB Flash ???

I have Both a Sandisk Mini 256 that I've had forever. I have a New PC
with Vista and it wont work AT ALL.. there website says I only need a
driver if I'm runnin 98.. so it should work.. yet it doesn't. I also
have a Cruzer Micro 4GB. The black one with the Retractable USB end.. It
has U3 on it and when i bought it at Circuit City the Firedog guy said
that it will work Fine on Vista but the U3 wont work.. so I can't get it
to work either.. they both work Perfect on my old comp with XP that is
downstairs.. they both work perfect.. I can't get either to do a Damn
thing on my Vista.. I even uninstalled the U3 software from the Micro
4GB and it still doesn't work. I went to SanDisk and upgraded to the new
Vista Capable driver and it DOESN'T work.. I can't get either to work..
if anyone has any thoughts or Idea's I'm open to anything at the
moment.. k thx!

--
xguntherc