Missing System Ram and Extra Graphics Card Ram

Dissposablehero

Missing System Ram and Extra Graphics Card Ram
I have 2gb of system ram and am always showing 55%-60% being used by the
system even when there are no other processes running - for example; when i
first installed vista.

However when you look at this:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ro/dxgiag3.jpg

youll probably notice the abundance of ram for a Nvidia 7800gt.

I have read somewhere it is something to do with the bios, and i know this
to be a complete lie cause it never did that on XP. Also as you can see there
is nothing else running to use over a GB of v-card ram.

So can anyone help me get my ram back?
Richard G. Harper

Re: Missing System Ram and Extra Graphics Card Ram
What you see is normal - Vista is using otherwise unused RAM for system and
file caching, graphic performance, and so on. Leave well enough alone and
your system will perform at its peak levels.

"Dissposablehero" <Dissposablehero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:23546D29-65A1-4391-8081-818CDD28A469@microsoft.com...
>I have 2gb of system ram and am always showing 55%-60% being used by the
> system even when there are no other processes running - for example; when
> first installed vista.
>
> However when you look at this:
> http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ro/dxgiag3.jpg
>
> youll probably notice the abundance of ram for a Nvidia 7800gt.
>
> I have read somewhere it is something to do with the bios, and i know this
> to be a complete lie cause it never did that on XP. Also as you can see
> there
> is nothing else running to use over a GB of v-card ram.
>
> So can anyone help me get my ram back?

Dissposablehero

Re: Missing System Ram and Extra Graphics Card Ram
Why is it you dont get a choice though, it retarded that windows just
seemingly does what ever it wants and you have to like it - just like when it
blocks a startup program, you dont get to enable it, it just gets blocked
cause of that windows defender program. I am starting to see why allot of
people hate Vista.

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> What you see is normal - Vista is using otherwise unused RAM for system and
> file caching, graphic performance, and so on. Leave well enough alone and
> your system will perform at its peak levels.

> "Dissposablehero" <Dissposablehero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:23546D29-65A1-4391-8081-818CDD28A469@microsoft.com...
> >I have 2gb of system ram and am always showing 55%-60% being used by the
> > system even when there are no other processes running - for example; when
> > first installed vista.
> >
> > However when you look at this:
> > http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ro/dxgiag3.jpg
> >
> > youll probably notice the abundance of ram for a Nvidia 7800gt.
> >
> > I have read somewhere it is something to do with the bios, and i know this
> > to be a complete lie cause it never did that on XP. Also as you can see
> > there
> > is nothing else running to use over a GB of v-card ram.
> >
> > So can anyone help me get my ram back?

Richard G. Harper

Re: Missing System Ram and Extra Graphics Card Ram
Well then, you might as well take half the RAM out of your system and put it
on the counter or tabletop or desktop or whatever. Why force RAM to be
empty just because you think it's prettier or more efficient or ... ??? If
you don't have a use for it, Windows will try to find a use for it until you
need it. That's efficiency.

"Dissposablehero" <Dissposablehero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:9F81C041-69D0-4D5D-A996-85F62BB50603@microsoft.com...
> Why is it you dont get a choice though, it retarded that windows just
> seemingly does what ever it wants and you have to like it - just like when
> it
> blocks a startup program, you dont get to enable it, it just gets blocked
> cause of that windows defender program. I am starting to see why allot of
> people hate Vista.
>
> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> What you see is normal - Vista is using otherwise unused RAM for system
>> and
>> file caching, graphic performance, and so on. Leave well enough alone
>> and
>> your system will perform at its peak levels.

>> "Dissposablehero" <Dissposablehero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:23546D29-65A1-4391-8081-818CDD28A469@microsoft.com...
>> >I have 2gb of system ram and am always showing 55%-60% being used by the
>> > system even when there are no other processes running - for example;
>> > when
>> > first installed vista.
>> >
>> > However when you look at this:
>> > http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ro/dxgiag3.jpg
>> >
>> > youll probably notice the abundance of ram for a Nvidia 7800gt.
>> >
>> > I have read somewhere it is something to do with the bios, and i know
>> > this
>> > to be a complete lie cause it never did that on XP. Also as you can see
>> > there
>> > is nothing else running to use over a GB of v-card ram.
>> >
>> > So can anyone help me get my ram back?

Dissposablehero

Re: Missing System Ram and Extra Graphics Card Ram
its not efficient when im encoding a dvd and it takes twice as long and i
cant use my pc cause all my system ram is being raped by windows is it?

Can you just tell me if there is a way to sort it so i can make my own mind
up. If it is better then ill change it back.

Also can you tell me a solution to the problem with windows defender
blocking programs that i want to run even if windows doesnt at start up.