media center and avermedia TV card

Karl Sleeckx

media center and avermedia TV card
All,

Using Vista Ultimate 64bit. Avermedia TV card is working good with the
suplied software, but not with Windows Media Center.
It's not possible to find and fix the channels from the cable.
What's wrong?

regards,

karl

David B.

Re: media center and avermedia TV card
Does Avermedia state that what ever model card you have is Vista MCE
compatible?

--

----

"Karl Sleeckx" <karl@karlsleeckx.be> wrote in message
> All,
>
> Using Vista Ultimate 64bit. Avermedia TV card is working good with the
> suplied software, but not with Windows Media Center.
> It's not possible to find and fix the channels from the cable.
> What's wrong?
>
> regards,
>
> karl

JW

Re: media center and avermedia TV card
Do you have the Avermedia Dual NTSC/ Digital tuner(ATSC and QAM) card? If
yes then you should know that Media Center does not support QAM so you can
only get the cable companies unencrypted QAM channels using the AverMedia
application.
"Karl Sleeckx" <karl@karlsleeckx.be> wrote in message
> All,
>
> Using Vista Ultimate 64bit. Avermedia TV card is working good with the
> suplied software, but not with Windows Media Center.
> It's not possible to find and fix the channels from the cable.
> What's wrong?
>
> regards,
>
> karl

Karl Sleeckx

Re: media center and avermedia TV card
"David B." <brooks.dj@nomail.com> schreef in bericht
> Does Avermedia state that what ever model card you have is Vista MCE
> compatible?
>
> --
>
> ----
> __________________________________________________ _______________________________
>

> "Karl Sleeckx" <karl@karlsleeckx.be> wrote in message
>> All,
>>
>> Using Vista Ultimate 64bit. Avermedia TV card is working good with the
>> suplied software, but not with Windows Media Center.
>> It's not possible to find and fix the channels from the cable.
>> What's wrong?
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> karl

Yes, MCE compatible.
Type: AverTV Hybrid+FM pci card

regards,

karl

Karl Sleeckx

Re: media center and avermedia TV card
"JW" <JW@nospam.nspam> schreef in bericht
> Do you have the Avermedia Dual NTSC/ Digital tuner(ATSC and QAM) card? If
> yes then you should know that Media Center does not support QAM so you can
> only get the cable companies unencrypted QAM channels using the AverMedia
> application.
> "Karl Sleeckx" <karl@karlsleeckx.be> wrote in message
>> All,
>>
>> Using Vista Ultimate 64bit. Avermedia TV card is working good with the
>> suplied software, but not with Windows Media Center.
>> It's not possible to find and fix the channels from the cable.
>> What's wrong?
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> karl

No, It's the AverTV Hybrid+FM pci card.

regards,

karl

Stevie Walker is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: media center and avermedia TV card
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Sleeckx View Post
"JW" <JW@nospam.nspam> schreef in bericht
> Do you have the Avermedia Dual NTSC/ Digital tuner(ATSC and QAM) card? If
> yes then you should know that Media Center does not support QAM so you can
> only get the cable companies unencrypted QAM channels using the AverMedia
> application.
> "Karl Sleeckx" <karl@karlsleeckx.be> wrote in message
>> All,
>>
>> Using Vista Ultimate 64bit. Avermedia TV card is working good with the
>> suplied software, but not with Windows Media Center.
>> It's not possible to find and fix the channels from the cable.
>> What's wrong?
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> karl

No, It's the AverTV Hybrid+FM pci card.

regards,

karl
I have aAVerTV DVB-S Hybrid+FM II, I am trying to use this with Vista Media Center. I can get a poor quality screen from the AVer software the picture freezes in VMC. I found a new set of drivers on the AVer website, should I remove all the AVer software and drivers first?