Blue screen at shutdown

quad

Blue screen at shutdown
I am new to vista, I am getting the blue screen anytime my computer attempts
to shutdown or restart. Here is the only error I found: Compatibility issue
between NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management and Windows Vista. Please tell me
what I need to do to fix this. I dont know what the NVIDIA is. Thanks.
LouB

Re: Blue screen at shutdown
quad wrote:
> I am new to vista, I am getting the blue screen anytime my computer attempts
> to shutdown or restart. Here is the only error I found: Compatibility issue
> between NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management and Windows Vista. Please tell me
> what I need to do to fix this. I dont know what the NVIDIA is. Thanks.

NVIDIA is a brand name of the video card.
I believe you are seeing a fairly common occurrence.
Try Googling nvidia vista.
You should also see more replies here soon.

Lou
Malke

Re: Blue screen at shutdown
quad wrote:
> I am new to vista, I am getting the blue screen anytime my computer attempts
> to shutdown or restart. Here is the only error I found: Compatibility issue
> between NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management and Windows Vista. Please tell me
> what I need to do to fix this. I dont know what the NVIDIA is. Thanks.

If you installed Vista yourself, then you need to get updated drivers
for your motherboard. You have an Nvidia NForce motherboard so either
look for the driver at Nvidia or at the computer mftr.'s website if you
have an OEM machine like an HP or a Sony. If this is a generic computer
or a homebuilt one, you need to know the exact model of your motherboard.

General drivers information:

Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:

1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.

To find out what hardware is in your computer:

1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific
model machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers
anyway)
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor or System Information for Windows.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html - Belarc Advisor
http://www.gtopala.com/ - System Information for Windows

Malke
--