Can anyone help me with this USB Cruzer Mini 512mb

Dafrog

Can anyone help me with this USB Cruzer Mini 512mb
Message: This USB device works just fine on my other PC and Laptop but won't
start at all on this PC, So when I try to get the best driver from this PC it
comes back stating that
" The best driver software for your device is already installed.
windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."
Microsoft WPD File System Volume Driver
It also shows up in the Device Manager under Portable Devices
With Cruzer Mini and a Yellow Marker Warning with this message
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and
to see if there is a solution available.
So why is it not working on this PC is only 4 months old latest software
installed Windows Vista Ultimate with 4 Gigs of Memory 2 Terabyte of storage
and NViDIA GeForce 8600 GT which is more powerful and lots more storage than
my older PC and my Laptop which both can run these USB device so any
suggestions. All of my other USB storage devices work just fine except for
these 2 USB Mini Cruzer. I have 2X 4 gig Data Traveler, 2X 1 Gig Cruzer
Micro, and 2X Cruzer Micro 256mb. all work just fine on all of the computers
in the house, except for these 2X Cruzer Mini 512mb who refuse to start on
this one computer ????
Spirit

Re: Can anyone help me with this USB Cruzer Mini 512mb
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
Try this as it usually works

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297511/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933442/en-us

http://www.smartcomputing.com/techsu...&ErrorID=22046
Solution particular to NVIDIA

"Dafrog" <Dafrog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Message: This USB device works just fine on my other PC and Laptop but
> won't
> start at all on this PC, So when I try to get the best driver from this PC
> it
> comes back stating that
> " The best driver software for your device is already installed.
> windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."
> Microsoft WPD File System Volume Driver
> It also shows up in the Device Manager under Portable Devices
> With Cruzer Mini and a Yellow Marker Warning with this message
> This device cannot start. (Code 10)
>
> Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft
> and
> to see if there is a solution available.
> So why is it not working on this PC is only 4 months old latest software
> installed Windows Vista Ultimate with 4 Gigs of Memory 2 Terabyte of
> storage
> and NViDIA GeForce 8600 GT which is more powerful and lots more storage
> than
> my older PC and my Laptop which both can run these USB device so any
> suggestions. All of my other USB storage devices work just fine except for
> these 2 USB Mini Cruzer. I have 2X 4 gig Data Traveler, 2X 1 Gig Cruzer
> Micro, and 2X Cruzer Micro 256mb. all work just fine on all of the
> computers
> in the house, except for these 2X Cruzer Mini 512mb who refuse to start on
> this one computer ????

Spirit

Re: Can anyone help me with this USB Cruzer Mini 512mb
This is for Xp but probably works in VISTA also

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/usbcode10.shtml