leadtek tv tuners with vista media center on vista ultimate

paulb

leadtek tv tuners with vista media center on vista ultimate
Do leadtek tv tuners work with vista ultimate media center?
Richard G. Harper

Re: leadtek tv tuners with vista media center on vista ultimate
http://www.leadtek.com/eng/tv_tuner/...t.asp?lineid=6

Check with the manufacturer.

"paulb" <paulb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news5F564E2-367B-47FA-A69B-4738644B5B01@microsoft.com...
> Do leadtek tv tuners work with vista ultimate media center?

Dominic Payer

Re: leadtek tv tuners with vista media center on vista ultimate
Provided there are Vista drivers available, digital tuner cards will all
work. Analog cards, or the analog tuners on hybrid cards, will only work if
the card has hardware MPEG2 encoding.

This is the rule for all cards with Vista Media Center. The drivers may be
generic.

"paulb" <paulb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news5F564E2-367B-47FA-A69B-4738644B5B01@microsoft.com...
> Do leadtek tv tuners work with vista ultimate media center?

paulb

Re: leadtek tv tuners with vista media center on vista ultimate
the box it came in says, "certified for windows vista" and yet i am getting
all these glitches where it will install properly but then media center will
say things like "can't find tuner" or the tuners software will say, "can't
find graph" or a whole number of other glitches and yet it says it's
certified. i have a leadtek winfast DTV 2000H

"Dominic Payer" wrote:

> Provided there are Vista drivers available, digital tuner cards will all
> work. Analog cards, or the analog tuners on hybrid cards, will only work if
> the card has hardware MPEG2 encoding.
>
> This is the rule for all cards with Vista Media Center. The drivers may be
> generic.
>

> "paulb" <paulb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news5F564E2-367B-47FA-A69B-4738644B5B01@microsoft.com...
> > Do leadtek tv tuners work with vista ultimate media center?

JW

Re: leadtek tv tuners with vista media center on vista ultimate
MC does not support the analog tuner on hybrid tuner cards. It will support
the DVB-T tuner on your card without problem,
> the box it came in says, "certified for windows vista" and yet i am
> getting
> all these glitches where it will install properly but then media center
> will
> say things like "can't find tuner" or the tuners software will say, "can't
> find graph" or a whole number of other glitches and yet it says it's
> certified. i have a leadtek winfast DTV 2000H
>
> "Dominic Payer" wrote:
>
>> Provided there are Vista drivers available, digital tuner cards will all
>> work. Analog cards, or the analog tuners on hybrid cards, will only work
>> if
>> the card has hardware MPEG2 encoding.
>>
>> This is the rule for all cards with Vista Media Center. The drivers may
>> be
>> generic.
>>

>> "paulb" <paulb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news5F564E2-367B-47FA-A69B-4738644B5B01@microsoft.com...
>> > Do leadtek tv tuners work with vista ultimate media center?

paulb

Re: leadtek tv tuners with vista media center on vista ultimate
Maybe the reason why it isn't working is because it is having a conflict with
the analogue tuner and the analogue "side" of the drivers?

"JW" wrote:

> MC does not support the analog tuner on hybrid tuner cards. It will support
> the DVB-T tuner on your card without problem,
> "paulb" <paulb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > the box it came in says, "certified for windows vista" and yet i am
> > getting
> > all these glitches where it will install properly but then media center
> > will
> > say things like "can't find tuner" or the tuners software will say, "can't
> > find graph" or a whole number of other glitches and yet it says it's
> > certified. i have a leadtek winfast DTV 2000H
> >
> > "Dominic Payer" wrote:
> >
> >> Provided there are Vista drivers available, digital tuner cards will all
> >> work. Analog cards, or the analog tuners on hybrid cards, will only work
> >> if
> >> the card has hardware MPEG2 encoding.
> >>
> >> This is the rule for all cards with Vista Media Center. The drivers may
> >> be
> >> generic.
> >>

> >> "paulb" <paulb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news5F564E2-367B-47FA-A69B-4738644B5B01@microsoft.com...

paulb

Re: leadtek tv tuners with vista media center on vista ultimate
I have just now reinstalled the tuner drivers and application, and when i
open the application, it opens but all i see in the video window is a black
screen and when i open the FM radio side of it says, "cannot find recording
device". The only thing i can fathom is, the installation keeps braking every
time i install it. vista ultimate media center can't find the digital tuner.
Basically the whole installation is broken each time i try reinstalling the
tuner. I make sure that when uninstalling it before the next install that i
check all files and folders don't have any trace of the leadtek software
anywhere in sight.

*sigh* what's going on?

"JW" wrote:

> MC does not support the analog tuner on hybrid tuner cards. It will support
> the DVB-T tuner on your card without problem,
> "paulb" <paulb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > the box it came in says, "certified for windows vista" and yet i am
> > getting
> > all these glitches where it will install properly but then media center
> > will
> > say things like "can't find tuner" or the tuners software will say, "can't
> > find graph" or a whole number of other glitches and yet it says it's
> > certified. i have a leadtek winfast DTV 2000H
> >
> > "Dominic Payer" wrote:
> >
> >> Provided there are Vista drivers available, digital tuner cards will all
> >> work. Analog cards, or the analog tuners on hybrid cards, will only work
> >> if
> >> the card has hardware MPEG2 encoding.
> >>
> >> This is the rule for all cards with Vista Media Center. The drivers may
> >> be
> >> generic.
> >>

> >> "paulb" <paulb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news5F564E2-367B-47FA-A69B-4738644B5B01@microsoft.com...

JohnHoser

Re: leadtek tv tuners with vista media center on vista ultimate

leadtek tv tuners with vista media center on vista ultimate

AM, Wednesday, 19DEC07.
Leadtek is on my -hit list.

I have Vista Ultimate. I purchased both Leadtek (PxTV1200 driver didn't work)
and I purchased Leadtek PxPVR2200 (that is suppose to have the MPEG-2 HW
encoder) 2200 driver did not work either. In fact when it did load it
showed up as a PVR3200 in the device driver list. HUH?

Both LeadTek boxes had the Windows Vista compatible logo on them.
I contact LeadTek tech support. No help. Completely worthless. New
drivers on their web site, didn't work either.

Am still trying to get a RMA from (www.geeks.com) where I purchased both
online.
I'm giving geeks.com a few more days for my RMA (it's Christmas you know)
before adding them to my -hit list too.

Recommendation: Don't by anything more from Leadtek for Vista. I had an
old Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP that worked fine for years, with my XP box.
That's Y I purchased the new (vista compatible - HA!) boards from Leadtek.

Question: Anyone know of a TV board that will (is) working with Vista
Ultimate?

"paulb" wrote:

> I have just now reinstalled the tuner drivers and application, and when i
> open the application, it opens but all i see in the video window is a black
> screen and when i open the FM radio side of it says, "cannot find recording
> device". The only thing i can fathom is, the installation keeps braking every
> time i install it. vista ultimate media center can't find the digital tuner.
> Basically the whole installation is broken each time i try reinstalling the
> tuner. I make sure that when uninstalling it before the next install that i
> check all files and folders don't have any trace of the leadtek software
> anywhere in sight.
>
> *sigh* what's going on?
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
> > MC does not support the analog tuner on hybrid tuner cards. It will support
> > the DVB-T tuner on your card without problem,
> > "paulb" <paulb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > the box it came in says, "certified for windows vista" and yet i am
> > > getting
> > > all these glitches where it will install properly but then media center
> > > will
> > > say things like "can't find tuner" or the tuners software will say, "can't
> > > find graph" or a whole number of other glitches and yet it says it's
> > > certified. i have a leadtek winfast DTV 2000H

paulb

Re: leadtek tv tuners with vista media center on vista ultimate
maybe i might have to give my DTV200h the flick then.

"JohnHoser" wrote:

> leadtek tv tuners with vista media center on vista ultimate
>
> AM, Wednesday, 19DEC07.
> Leadtek is on my -hit list.
>
> I have Vista Ultimate. I purchased both Leadtek (PxTV1200 driver didn't work)
> and I purchased Leadtek PxPVR2200 (that is suppose to have the MPEG-2 HW
> encoder) 2200 driver did not work either. In fact when it did load it
> showed up as a PVR3200 in the device driver list. HUH?
>
> Both LeadTek boxes had the Windows Vista compatible logo on them.
> I contact LeadTek tech support. No help. Completely worthless. New
> drivers on their web site, didn't work either.
>
> Am still trying to get a RMA from (www.geeks.com) where I purchased both
> online.
> I'm giving geeks.com a few more days for my RMA (it's Christmas you know)
> before adding them to my -hit list too.
>
> Recommendation: Don't by anything more from Leadtek for Vista. I had an
> old Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP that worked fine for years, with my XP box.
> That's Y I purchased the new (vista compatible - HA!) boards from Leadtek.
>
> Question: Anyone know of a TV board that will (is) working with Vista
> Ultimate?
>

> "paulb" wrote:
>
> > I have just now reinstalled the tuner drivers and application, and when i
> > open the application, it opens but all i see in the video window is a black
> > screen and when i open the FM radio side of it says, "cannot find recording
> > device". The only thing i can fathom is, the installation keeps braking every
> > time i install it. vista ultimate media center can't find the digital tuner.
> > Basically the whole installation is broken each time i try reinstalling the
> > tuner. I make sure that when uninstalling it before the next install that i
> > check all files and folders don't have any trace of the leadtek software
> > anywhere in sight.
> >
> > *sigh* what's going on?
> >
> > "JW" wrote:
> >
> > > MC does not support the analog tuner on hybrid tuner cards. It will support
> > > the DVB-T tuner on your card without problem,

paulb

Re: leadtek tv tuners with vista media center on vista ultimate
maybe i might have to give my DTV2000H the flick then.