Share : rip DVD and convert Video to iPod
The article includes two parts.
Part 1: Rip DVD movie to iPod (Windows)
Part 2: Convert AVI, WMV, MPEG, RM, RMVB, ASF, MOV, DivX, XviD, MPG to
iPod MP4 or H264 format (Windows)
How to rip DVD to iPod (Windows)
1. Download the latest version DVD to iPod Converter + iPod Movie/Video
Converter Suite at
install it. You can download about it by referrring here.
2. Run the DVD to iPod Converter, load your DVD by clicking 'Open DVD'
button or choosing 'Open DVD' from 'File' drop down menu. One or
several titles appear in the list after loading DVD.
3. As usual, the longest title is the main file of the movie. You can
remove the title you don't like to convert by unchecking the title. Set
'Subtitle', 'Audio Languages' to what you like.
4. To 'Output Folder', Enter the full pathname or choose the path where
you want to save your video files by clicking the related button.
5. Click 'Convert' button to start the iPod DVD conversion.
6. Find the .mp4 file that DVD to iPod converter created and drag it
into your iTunes library, or select 'Add File to Library' from the
'File' menu and select the encoded movies. Now you can watch it with
iTunes or Quicktime Player on your PC.
Tips: Download iTunes 7+quicktime Player package from 'Apple -
QuickTime - Download'
7. Load the MP4 files to iPod by clicking 'File -> Update iPod'. Now,
you can enjoy the movies on your fifth generation video iPod anywhere
 How to convert iPod video, such as AVI to iPod, WMV to iPod, MPEG
to iPod, RM to iPod, RMVB to iPod, ASF to iPod, MPG to iPod, DivX to
iPod, XviD to iPod video using "cucusoft iPod Video Converter + DVD to
iPod Suite". (Windows)
1. Download the latest version iPod Video Converter + DVD to iPod
Converter Suite, and install it. For more features about it, visting
* To convert RM/RMVB real media files to iPod, Maybe need to install
'RealPlayer - The best audio and video player - Real.com'
* To convert WMV, ASF to iPod, Maybe need to install Windows Media
'Microsoft Windows Media — Your Digital Entertainment Resource'
2. Run iPod Video converter component. And load the video files you'd
like to convert by clicking 'Open file' button.
Click 'Output' and choose the pathname where you want to save your
video files. Click 'Convert' to start converting video to iPod MP4 or
Tips: Before converting, you can click 'Advance -> Video settings' to
set 'Video format', 'Resolution', 'Framerate', 'Output Quality'. If
you'd like to convert video to H264 files, please set 'Video format' to
'H.264 FQ Variable Bitrate'. 'MPEG4(.mp4) FQ Variable Bitrate' is the
default value. Certainly, you can also set 'Audio Bitrate', 'Channels',
'Sample Rate' and 'Volume' in 'Audio Settings' page.
As usual, we set "Resolution" as "320x240" (i.e. default settings),
certainly you can also choose other video sizes you like.
3. After converting, you can open the output folder to check and play
the iPod video files (.mp4 or .mov) using Quicktime Player (Freeware,
Quicktime Player+iTunes downloading address 'Apple - QuickTime -
4. Transfer the iPod videos to iTunes by draging or clicking "File ->
Add File to Library". Now, you can enjoy them on iTunes. Then hit "File
-> Update iPod" to sync to your iPod.
bigtree's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=28620
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=868549