usb connection with printer hpphotosmart8150

Wolf75

usb connection with printer hpphotosmart8150
hi there!

i write this few rows and i hope somebody can help.

operating system: vista home premium (german)
computer: hp notebook (brand new,vista was installed)

and the problme i have is following. when i connect the printer to the usb
slot,i only get the information,that there is a new device,but no driver for
this device is available on the computer.
BUT the newest driver made by HP is installed!!!
is there anybody with similar Problems?

also similar problem with an USB Card reader...

my suggestion is to uninstall Vista and install XP or w2k,because with that
operating systems i never had such "simple" problems.

but i don't want to unistall Vista!

Please help

best regards

Wolf
TimoKM

RE: usb connection with printer hpphotosmart8150
Hi,
I have same problem
with C5180 and HP Pavilion laptop
message before " VISTA and HP All-in-one printer C5180 ---- unknown
USBdevice---"

I am waiting CD from HP --- and hoping to help my promlem, same kind as you
have

I am wondering, why they dont have ready resolution.
I think, that many others have same problem.

Waiting help as you.

"Wolf75" wrote:

> hi there!
>
> i write this few rows and i hope somebody can help.
>
> operating system: vista home premium (german)
> computer: hp notebook (brand new,vista was installed)
>
> and the problme i have is following. when i connect the printer to the usb
> slot,i only get the information,that there is a new device,but no driver for
> this device is available on the computer.
> BUT the newest driver made by HP is installed!!!
> is there anybody with similar Problems?
>
> also similar problem with an USB Card reader...
>
> my suggestion is to uninstall Vista and install XP or w2k,because with that
> operating systems i never had such "simple" problems.
>
> but i don't want to unistall Vista!
>
> Please help
>
> best regards
>
> Wolf

TimoKM

RE: usb connection with printer hpphotosmart8150
Hi,
my problem was usb connection cable -
lenght was 3 meters , i change to use shorter one ( 1,5 meters) , all is ok!!

regards TimoKM