DLink DBT-122 Bluetooth USB adaptor

redbananaman

DLink DBT-122 Bluetooth USB adaptor
Hi al,

This device works fie on my old WinXP laptop. However Vista Home premium
edition....not! I can install the latest software form the D-Link website for
this device, but Vista just refuses to either see the hardware, I mean wont
even recognise its plugged in nor will it find the drivers even when I
manually point it to the right folder containing the drivers. Again these are
the latest from D-Link. I have asked them to confirm Vista support but wanted
to start this thread in parallel.

Any ideas welcome......

Thanks

/mark
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: DLink DBT-122 Bluetooth USB adaptor
As you can see, and probably already have seen, D-Link do NOT support this
device in Vista..

http://support.dlink.com/products/vi...ctid=DBT%2D122

Note that there is NO checkmark in the Vista 32 box..

--
Mike Hall - MVP

"redbananaman" <redbananaman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi al,
>
> This device works fie on my old WinXP laptop. However Vista Home premium
> edition....not! I can install the latest software form the D-Link website
> for
> this device, but Vista just refuses to either see the hardware, I mean
> wont
> even recognise its plugged in nor will it find the drivers even when I
> manually point it to the right folder containing the drivers. Again these
> are
> the latest from D-Link. I have asked them to confirm Vista support but
> wanted
> to start this thread in parallel.
>
> Any ideas welcome......
>
> Thanks
>
> /mark

John

Re: DLink DBT-122 Bluetooth USB adaptor
Try copying the installation software to the HD from the CD. Then set the
setup.exe Compatibility to WinXP in the Properties dialog. Next run the
installation As Administrator.

"redbananaman" <redbananaman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi al,
>
> This device works fie on my old WinXP laptop. However Vista Home premium
> edition....not! I can install the latest software form the D-Link website
> for
> this device, but Vista just refuses to either see the hardware, I mean
> wont
> even recognise its plugged in nor will it find the drivers even when I
> manually point it to the right folder containing the drivers. Again these
> are
> the latest from D-Link. I have asked them to confirm Vista support but
> wanted
> to start this thread in parallel.
>
> Any ideas welcome......
>
> Thanks
>
> /mark

Kudzu

Re: DLink DBT-122 Bluetooth USB adaptor
Old info. Since at least August there is a Vista driver on the D-Link website:
http://www.dlink.com.sg/products/sup...id=386#drivers