Vista Compatible Modem w/ Caller-ID

Growler

Vista Compatible Modem w/ Caller-ID
I bought a Vista compatible modem, but get no caller ID info from it. At the
moment it appears to bre a limitation in this specific modem.

I tried the Vista compatibility list. Not the easiest to find out this
detailed info.

Is there an Vista compatible internal modem with caller ID functinality?

Richard G. Harper

Re: Vista Compatible Modem w/ Caller-ID
Microsoft does not track this level of detail, sorry. All they list is
hardware that's compatible with Vista. Determining the features any
component offers is up to you.

"Growler" <Growler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought a Vista compatible modem, but get no caller ID info from it. At
>the
> moment it appears to bre a limitation in this specific modem.
>
> I tried the Vista compatibility list. Not the easiest to find out this
> detailed info.
>
> Is there an Vista compatible internal modem with caller ID functinality?

PvdG42

Re: Vista Compatible Modem w/ Caller-ID
"Growler" <Growler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought a Vista compatible modem, but get no caller ID info from it. At
>the
> moment it appears to bre a limitation in this specific modem.
>
> I tried the Vista compatibility list. Not the easiest to find out this
> detailed info.
>
> Is there an Vista compatible internal modem with caller ID functinality?

Have you contacted the modem Manufacturer's technical support to see what
they have to say about caller ID? They may be able to clarify the situation
for you.

Wandering

Re: Vista Compatible Modem w/ Caller-ID
My memory of these issues is a bit hazy, but I believe to deal with this an
operating system needs TAPI support, and a TAPI driver for the device. I
don't think any home version of Vista supports this, but Business Ultimate
may. You product Vendor is responsible for creating the drivers and the
support software. They should advise you. My guess is that there is so
little market for them in Vista that it wasn't worth the significant cost to
develop them. True of many older devices.

Good luck.

"PvdG42" <pvdg@toadstool.edu> wrote in message
> "Growler" <Growler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I bought a Vista compatible modem, but get no caller ID info from it. At
>>the
>> moment it appears to bre a limitation in this specific modem.
>>
>> I tried the Vista compatibility list. Not the easiest to find out this
>> detailed info.
>>
>> Is there an Vista compatible internal modem with caller ID functinality?
>>

> Have you contacted the modem Manufacturer's technical support to see what
> they have to say about caller ID? They may be able to clarify the
> situation for you.

DanR

Re: Vista Compatible Modem w/ Caller-ID
I have a Conexant D850 modem and caller ID works fine with it and Vista. My
answering machine software does not work properly but the caller ID part
works fine. Maybe it's the caller ID software you are using that is having a
problem with Vista. After a call comes in check the modem log and look for
name / number data.
Find the modem log at device manager / modems / double click on modem /
diagnostics / view log. Do wait for a call to come in before checking this
log as it starts over every bootup.