readyboost flashdrive on the usb socket?

GT

readyboost flashdrive on the usb socket?
Is it ok to leave the readyboost flashdrive on the usb socket when i turn
off, sleep, hibernate my computer? or do i always have to remove the
flashdrive How do check if the readyboost flashdrive is really working?

GT

RE: readyboost flashdrive on the usb socket?
I have 1.5gb memory in my computer. Space to reserve for system speed on
flashdrive is about 3770mb is this the right set up? or should i lower it
down?

"GT" wrote:

> Is it ok to leave the readyboost flashdrive on the usb socket when i turn
> off, sleep, hibernate my computer? or do i always have to remove the
> flashdrive How do check if the readyboost flashdrive is really working?

Curious

Re: readyboost flashdrive on the usb socket?
Just the opposite you should always leave it in since during the boot
process it tracks the most used programs so that you can boot faster in the
future.
"GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it ok to leave the readyboost flashdrive on the usb socket when i turn
> off, sleep, hibernate my computer? or do i always have to remove the
> flashdrive How do check if the readyboost flashdrive is really working?

DevilsPGD

Re: readyboost flashdrive on the usb socket?
In message <C19A04DB-B360-4173-9722-A952EFA8A656@microsoft.com> GT
<GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have 1.5gb memory in my computer. Space to reserve for system speed on
>flashdrive is about 3770mb is this the right set up? or should i lower it
>down?

The only reason to lower the amount of space used by ReadyBoost is to
allow you to leave some of the space available for your own needs.

That being said, with 1.5GB, unless you're regularly doing something RAM
intensive, you probably aren't getting a huge benefit from ReadyBoost to
begin with.
DevilsPGD

Re: readyboost flashdrive on the usb socket?
In message <8E6F4E1A-2211-4D7F-B818-91A5E915866F@microsoft.com> GT
<GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is it ok to leave the readyboost flashdrive on the usb socket when i turn
>off, sleep, hibernate my computer? or do i always have to remove the
>flashdrive How do check if the readyboost flashdrive is really working?

There is no harm in leaving it connected -- In fact, the opposite, as
the ReadyBoost data is used during bootup to speed the bootup process.

To check ReadyBoost's status, go to Computer, right click on the USB
drive, go to Properties, check the readyboost information displayed
therein.