Does anyone know how to get a sound card to work in Vista

pnolte

Does anyone know how to get a sound card to work in Vista
I have Vista business on an Asus P5nSLI board P4d 2.8 and two gig or ram.
Does anyone know how to make a sound card work. I have tried the onboard
card and a creative audigy card and both fail. When playing an mp3, the
sound seems to "max out" as if you turned the volume up too high and it
could not handle the load. I have tried the latest drivers for both cards
and nothing seems to work. Every search on the internet refers back to some
vista release candidate and none of those solutions work. Does anyone know
where to go from here? Any web sights that would be helpful would be
appreciated.

I cannot be the only one with this problem.

pnolte

Randy

RE: Does anyone know how to get a sound card to work in Vista
Check "windows audio" in the Services, if it stopped, you can start it, then,
disable or uninstall other audio device driver in the device manager, then
reinstall the HD audio driver from asus webiste.

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...s&model=P5NSLI

Good Luck.

"pnolte" wrote:

> I have Vista business on an Asus P5nSLI board P4d 2.8 and two gig or ram.
> Does anyone know how to make a sound card work. I have tried the onboard
> card and a creative audigy card and both fail. When playing an mp3, the
> sound seems to "max out" as if you turned the volume up too high and it
> could not handle the load. I have tried the latest drivers for both cards
> and nothing seems to work. Every search on the internet refers back to some
> vista release candidate and none of those solutions work. Does anyone know
> where to go from here? Any web sights that would be helpful would be
> appreciated.
>
> I cannot be the only one with this problem.
>
> pnolte

Matttherat

RE: Does anyone know how to get a sound card to work in Vista
When you go to device manager make sure you dont have both enabled if you do
disable one if you done that already what version of media player are you
using? you could also go to your system properties and try disabling sound
enhancement, its hard to help without knowing what program you are using to
play music with!

"pnolte" wrote:

> I have Vista business on an Asus P5nSLI board P4d 2.8 and two gig or ram.
> Does anyone know how to make a sound card work. I have tried the onboard
> card and a creative audigy card and both fail. When playing an mp3, the
> sound seems to "max out" as if you turned the volume up too high and it
> could not handle the load. I have tried the latest drivers for both cards
> and nothing seems to work. Every search on the internet refers back to some
> vista release candidate and none of those solutions work. Does anyone know
> where to go from here? Any web sights that would be helpful would be
> appreciated.
>
> I cannot be the only one with this problem.
>
> pnolte

pnolte

"Matttherat" <Matttherat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When you go to device manager make sure you dont have both enabled if you
> do
> disable one if you done that already what version of media player are you
> using? you could also go to your system properties and try disabling sound
> enhancement, its hard to help without knowing what program you are using
> play music with!
>
> "pnolte" wrote:

just about any sound program causes the problems. I have problems in games
and music players. Bioshock works great for about 10 minutes then the sound
starts to crackle and pegs out like and amp with the sound turned up all the
way.

WMP and my vcast player fail to play music. Works for about 5 minutes
crashes. When I fire up pinnacle tv, the same thing happens with the sound.

I have installed and uninstalled the sound cards half a dozen time. This was
a clean install of Vista. I have only one of the devices enabled and it
still fails. both the on board and the audigy card give me trouble.

thanks for your help

pnolte

Randy

Re: Does anyone know how to get a sound card to work in Vista
hey,

Click start, type "msinfo32", press "Enter", expand the "software
environment", click on the "windows error reporting", copy error reports to
this post, I will help you to figure out the problem as far as I can.