Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

sd card

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2007
i w
 

Posts: n/a
sd card
i have a toshiba satellite with vista home premium x32-bit with a built-in sd
card reader. the card reader had no problems reading any of my sd cards until
recently. all of a sudden it is asking for drivers, etc. i tried copying and
pasting the inf files that was in file repository to the inf folders, i tried
renaming INFCACHE.1, and nothing seems to work.
when it looks for the driver in c:/windows, i get a message that says it has
found the software but can't install it. i also get a code 28 error and the
device manager always show the device with a yellow exclamation mark. please
help!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-24-2007
i w
 

Posts: n/a
RE: sd card built-in reader not reading- code 28
it should have read x-86, 32-bit... but you can probably guess that is what I
meant.

"i w" wrote:

> i have a toshiba satellite with vista home premium x32-bit with a built-in sd
> card reader. the card reader had no problems reading any of my sd cards until
> recently. all of a sudden it is asking for drivers, etc. i tried copying and
> pasting the inf files that was in file repository to the inf folders, i tried
> renaming INFCACHE.1, and nothing seems to work.
> when it looks for the driver in c:/windows, i get a message that says it has
> found the software but can't install it. i also get a code 28 error and the
> device manager always show the device with a yellow exclamation mark. please
> help!

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2007
Randy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: sd card
you can try system restore, system restore in vista is better than XP.

"i w" wrote:

> i have a toshiba satellite with vista home premium x32-bit with a built-in sd
> card reader. the card reader had no problems reading any of my sd cards until
> recently. all of a sudden it is asking for drivers, etc. i tried copying and
> pasting the inf files that was in file repository to the inf folders, i tried
> renaming INFCACHE.1, and nothing seems to work.
> when it looks for the driver in c:/windows, i get a message that says it has
> found the software but can't install it. i also get a code 28 error and the
> device manager always show the device with a yellow exclamation mark. please
> help!

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-28-2007
i w
 

Posts: n/a
RE: sd card
thanks, but this didn't work either. any other suggestions.

"Randy" wrote:

> you can try system restore, system restore in vista is better than XP.
>
> "i w" wrote:
>
> > i have a toshiba satellite with vista home premium x32-bit with a built-in sd
> > card reader. the card reader had no problems reading any of my sd cards until
> > recently. all of a sudden it is asking for drivers, etc. i tried copying and
> > pasting the inf files that was in file repository to the inf folders, i tried
> > renaming INFCACHE.1, and nothing seems to work.
> > when it looks for the driver in c:/windows, i get a message that says it has
> > found the software but can't install it. i also get a code 28 error and the
> > device manager always show the device with a yellow exclamation mark. please
> > help!

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-29-2007
Randy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: sd card built-in reader not reading- code 28
You can try update driver via windows update directly. Also try manually
install driver in the device management.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...901033.mspx#EW

Error code 28, which means The drivers for this device are not installed.

Good Luck.


"i w" wrote:

> it should have read x-86, 32-bit... but you can probably guess that is what I
> meant.
>
> "i w" wrote:
>
> > i have a toshiba satellite with vista home premium x32-bit with a built-in sd
> > card reader. the card reader had no problems reading any of my sd cards until
> > recently. all of a sudden it is asking for drivers, etc. i tried copying and
> > pasting the inf files that was in file repository to the inf folders, i tried
> > renaming INFCACHE.1, and nothing seems to work.
> > when it looks for the driver in c:/windows, i get a message that says it has
> > found the software but can't install it. i also get a code 28 error and the
> > device manager always show the device with a yellow exclamation mark. please
> > help!

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2007
i w
 

Posts: n/a
RE: sd card built-in reader not reading- code 28
hmmm... well, the reader is built-in and came with the computer already
installed, so I don't know where the driver would be located. It keeps asking
me to insert a cd with the driver. And the SD card... never came with a
driver. thanks for your reply, though.

"Randy" wrote:

> You can try update driver via windows update directly. Also try manually
> install driver in the device management.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...901033.mspx#EW
>
> Error code 28, which means The drivers for this device are not installed.
>
> Good Luck.
>
>
> "i w" wrote:
>
> > it should have read x-86, 32-bit... but you can probably guess that is what I
> > meant.
> >
> > "i w" wrote:
> >
> > > i have a toshiba satellite with vista home premium x32-bit with a built-in sd
> > > card reader. the card reader had no problems reading any of my sd cards until
> > > recently. all of a sudden it is asking for drivers, etc. i tried copying and
> > > pasting the inf files that was in file repository to the inf folders, i tried
> > > renaming INFCACHE.1, and nothing seems to work.
> > > when it looks for the driver in c:/windows, i get a message that says it has
> > > found the software but can't install it. i also get a code 28 error and the
> > > device manager always show the device with a yellow exclamation mark. please
> > > help!

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Card Reader won't read 2Gb SD card =?Utf-8?B?amFtbWllZG9kZ2VyODA=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 30 12-22-2009 23:12
please Help >>=> Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card. Rono microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 16 04-16-2009 13:18
Re: Card Reader won't read 2Gb SD card jwstiles@summitpyramid.com microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 14 10-06-2008 23:01
Is Apple?s iPhone credit card policy, use of credit card info legal? Steve Security News 0 11-06-2007 02:51
Article ID: 930618 You cannot access files on a memory card in a networked printer's built-in memory card reader, and you receive an error message in Windows Vista or in Windows XP SP2: "\IP_Address\memory_card refers to a location that is unava KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:44.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120