Lifechat LX 3000 and Windows Vista Home Premium

Mechanixwife

Lifechat LX 3000 and Windows Vista Home Premium
I just purchased the Lifechat LX 3000 and the ZX 6000 and neither will work
with my 32 bit Windows Vista Home Premium system. I installed the Lifechat
1.0 software and followed all instructions. As far as I can tell the
software loaded fine. The system recognizes the LX 3000 but tells me it can
not find the driver to make the headset work. As for the ZX 6000 it
recognizes the receiver but not the headset and again tells me there is no
driver loaded. What am I missing here? I've checked under Device Manager
and I am not given the option to choose my headset etc... I've gone to
Microsoft's hardware page, uninstalled the software and re-installed using
the downloaded version. I've always used Windows Live messenger so what's
left? Any help would be appreciated. Oh and yes all sound card drivers have
been updated as well.

Thanks for any help you can give.

RE: Lifechat LX 3000 and Windows Vista Home Premium
I have the same problem. I originally had the problem with a Logitech USB
headset, so I returned it and bought the Microsoft, figuring that surely it
would work with Vista. I was mistaken. I even installed the hotfix for
KB933262. That didn't do anything for my problem.

Please help!

"Mechanixwife" wrote:

> I just purchased the Lifechat LX 3000 and the ZX 6000 and neither will work
> with my 32 bit Windows Vista Home Premium system. I installed the Lifechat
> 1.0 software and followed all instructions. As far as I can tell the
> software loaded fine. The system recognizes the LX 3000 but tells me it can
> not find the driver to make the headset work. As for the ZX 6000 it
> recognizes the receiver but not the headset and again tells me there is no
> driver loaded. What am I missing here? I've checked under Device Manager
> and I am not given the option to choose my headset etc... I've gone to
> Microsoft's hardware page, uninstalled the software and re-installed using
> the downloaded version. I've always used Windows Live messenger so what's
> left? Any help would be appreciated. Oh and yes all sound card drivers have
> been updated as well.
>
> Thanks for any help you can give.

Mechanixwife

RE: Lifechat LX 3000 and Windows Vista Home Premium
I actually found a fix for this problem. When installing the headset point
the system to the system32 directory and tell it to look there for the
drivers. I did that for this headset, my bluetooth keyboard, mp3 player and
several other usb enabled items that the computer couldn't find the drivers
for and believe it or not it worked like a charm. In fact I use every one of
the items daily and haven't had a single problem.

Good luck
Mechanixwife