Xbox live vision webcam help

Djanch

Xbox live vision webcam help
I recently tried using my xbox live cam with my computer; It's usb and is
capable for being used with windows xp (which i have). But i cannot get it to
work at all. when i try to test it in My Computer I get a pop up that says :

Creation of the video preview failed.

Please check the device connection and make sure the deivce is not being
used by another application or user.

The cam is connected and is not being used by any other program,when i log
on windows messanger it detects the camera but when i try and use it on the
messanger i also get a error saying the webcam is not plugged in or is being
used by annother application. I am not using the camera with anything else
though.
the drivers are installed and in Device Manager/Imaging devices it says the
cam is working properly. I've tried using it with yahoo messanger and i get
the same error message. I've searched for an answer and couldnt find one so
hopefully someone here will know how to fix this problem. Or if theres a way
to find out what device is using the cam?

-thanks for your time
Wandering

Re: Xbox live vision webcam help
Hi,

Did you notice you are in a Vista newsgroup? You'd probably do better in
and XP group.

Good luck.

--

Blessings & peace --- Ray