Monitor in Power Saver mode

Trogador

Monitor in Power Saver mode
When I start windows vista normally, My monitor goes blank. when press the
menu button on the monitor, it says that it is in power saver mode. I cannot
get any picture to show up. My monitor works fine in safe mode. This happened
just after I tried to update my graphics drivers.
Rick Rogers

Re: Monitor in Power Saver mode
Hi,

Use F8 at boot to get the start menu, choose the 'last known good
configuration'.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Trogador" <Trogador@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I start windows vista normally, My monitor goes blank. when press the
> menu button on the monitor, it says that it is in power saver mode. I
> cannot
> get any picture to show up. My monitor works fine in safe mode. This
> happened
> just after I tried to update my graphics drivers.

Trogador

Re: Monitor in Power Saver mode
I tried that, and It booted windows in safe mode. I have also tried rolling
back the updates on my graphics drivers, but windows said there were no
updates I could roll back.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Use F8 at boot to get the start menu, choose the 'last known good
> configuration'.

Rick Rogers

Re: Monitor in Power Saver mode
And have you tried a system restore as well?

--

>I tried that, and It booted windows in safe mode. I have also tried rolling
> back the updates on my graphics drivers, but windows said there were no
> updates I could roll back.
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Use F8 at boot to get the start menu, choose the 'last known good
>> configuration'.

Trogador

Re: Monitor in Power Saver mode
Yes, I have. I restored my computer to a few days before today, and it still
had the problem.
Rick Rogers

Re: Monitor in Power Saver mode
Hi,

From safe mode, uninstall any supporting video software, then retry starting
normally. If that succeeds, you can then download and install the most
recent distribution from the manufacturer.

--

> Yes, I have. I restored my computer to a few days before today, and it
> still
> had the problem.

Trogador

Re: Monitor in Power Saver mode
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean uninstall the drivers?

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> From safe mode, uninstall any supporting video software, then retry starting
> normally. If that succeeds, you can then download and install the most
> recent distribution from the manufacturer.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Trogador" <Trogador@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, I have. I restored my computer to a few days before today, and it
> > still
> > had the problem.

Rick Rogers

Re: Monitor in Power Saver mode
Hi,

Usually, most video cards have supporting software controls that can be
removed under Programs and Features in the control panel. When you do so,
the system should revert to a standard VGA driver (same as you are using in
Safe mode), allowing you to boot into normal mode again.

--

> I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean uninstall the drivers?
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> From safe mode, uninstall any supporting video software, then retry
>> starting
>> normally. If that succeeds, you can then download and install the most
>> recent distribution from the manufacturer.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Trogador" <Trogador@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes, I have. I restored my computer to a few days before today, and it
>> > still
>> > had the problem.

Trogador

Re: Monitor in Power Saver mode
I was able to uninstall the software successfully, and now windows vista
boots up normally. The monitor no longer goes in to power saver mode. Thank
you so much for your help!

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Usually, most video cards have supporting software controls that can be
> removed under Programs and Features in the control panel. When you do so,
> the system should revert to a standard VGA driver (same as you are using in
> Safe mode), allowing you to boot into normal mode again.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Trogador" <Trogador@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean uninstall the drivers?
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> From safe mode, uninstall any supporting video software, then retry
> >> starting
> >> normally. If that succeeds, you can then download and install the most
> >> recent distribution from the manufacturer.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org