Limited connection with wireless network

DerickB

Limited connection with wireless network
I have had problems with vista since installing it and trying to use a
wireless network. I am using Dlink DIR655 and DWA652, and most of the time it
comes up with unknown network, even though it connects to the network, but
does not seem to get the IP address through DHCP,so IPV4 is local and IPV6 is
limited. Every now and again it will work, but I have been trying to get it
work for the last days with no result. And when it goes to sleep I have to
reboot to make it work (sometimes).
Is there anything good about Vista and wireless? I never have had or have
problems with XP and wireless, and have another drive for this same (Sony)
laptop with XP loaded on it, and never a problem. I do think that Vista is
really buggy as far as networking and wireless is concerned.
Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to resolve it for good?
Barb Bowman

Re: Limited connection with wireless network
that combination should work well. what firmware revision are you
using in the router? what drivers for the card? have you updated the
driver from windows update? have you changed the name of the SSID
from the default? are you using WPA2 (best security) or WPA?

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP