Performance of Integrated Motherboards

writer

Performance of Integrated Motherboards
Greetings...I am in the process of upgrading my computer in the next few
weeks... I want to get either a amd 5600 or 6000 chip and upgrade my Hard
Drive to 250 or 300 gigs... and of course add vista. I work on my computer
but do not have time to game (bummer). I do use my computer to play DVD's and
to burn and write them. I spend a lot of time on my computer because of my
home based business. I was told by a someone that most likely I do not need a
seperate video card because the kind of things I do on my computer does not
warrant it. Yet sometimes I do watch parts of movies on my computer. So
quality playback of the movie would be important. BUt I was told that the
video card on the integrated video cards such as Nvidia 7050 or 6100 etc
would be good enough for my needs. Is this true? What about the increased
demands of Vista on my machine. I plan on getting at least 2000 gigs of
memory DDR2. So I am wondering if I need to spend the extra money on a video
card. If you think that an integrated video card would be adequate...any
suggestions on which one is best....I usually rebuild my computer every two
years.....

thanks in advance for your time....
--
writer
BigJim

Re: Performance of Integrated Motherboards
I would get an 8500gt they go for about 75 dollars, but an on board video
may works for you it depends if you want to spent the extra money.
"writer" <writer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings...I am in the process of upgrading my computer in the next few
> weeks... I want to get either a amd 5600 or 6000 chip and upgrade my Hard
> Drive to 250 or 300 gigs... and of course add vista. I work on my computer
> but do not have time to game (bummer). I do use my computer to play DVD's
> and
> to burn and write them. I spend a lot of time on my computer because of my
> home based business. I was told by a someone that most likely I do not
> need a
> seperate video card because the kind of things I do on my computer does
> not
> warrant it. Yet sometimes I do watch parts of movies on my computer. So
> quality playback of the movie would be important. BUt I was told that the
> video card on the integrated video cards such as Nvidia 7050 or 6100 etc
> would be good enough for my needs. Is this true? What about the increased
> demands of Vista on my machine. I plan on getting at least 2000 gigs of
> memory DDR2. So I am wondering if I need to spend the extra money on a
> video
> card. If you think that an integrated video card would be adequate...any
> suggestions on which one is best....I usually rebuild my computer every
> two
> years.....
>
> thanks in advance for your time....
> --
> writer

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Performance of Integrated Motherboards
Decent on board graphics will be fine for movies. Gaming puts a far higher
strain on video cards than movies do. Plus, you can always add a graphics
card if you are not happy with performance..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
Posting Productively.. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"writer" <writer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings...I am in the process of upgrading my computer in the next few
> weeks... I want to get either a amd 5600 or 6000 chip and upgrade my Hard
> Drive to 250 or 300 gigs... and of course add vista. I work on my computer
> but do not have time to game (bummer). I do use my computer to play DVD's
> and
> to burn and write them. I spend a lot of time on my computer because of my
> home based business. I was told by a someone that most likely I do not
> need a
> seperate video card because the kind of things I do on my computer does
> not
> warrant it. Yet sometimes I do watch parts of movies on my computer. So
> quality playback of the movie would be important. BUt I was told that the
> video card on the integrated video cards such as Nvidia 7050 or 6100 etc
> would be good enough for my needs. Is this true? What about the increased
> demands of Vista on my machine. I plan on getting at least 2000 gigs of
> memory DDR2. So I am wondering if I need to spend the extra money on a
> video
> card. If you think that an integrated video card would be adequate...any
> suggestions on which one is best....I usually rebuild my computer every
> two
> years.....
>
> thanks in advance for your time....
> --
> writer

writer

Re: Performance of Integrated Motherboards
thanks for your advise....so they work fine.....is basically what you are
saying unless I do games.....but I do not have time anymore for games....
--
writer