Windows Vista and HP PhotoSmart D5145 (USB)

Debbie Rollins

Windows Vista and HP PhotoSmart D5145 (USB)
I am using Windows Vista Ultimate and have an HP PhotoSmart D5145 inkjet
printer that connects to my PC via USB.

Everytime, and I do mean EVERYTIME, I boot my computer, Vista reinstalls the
HP printer drivers and the HP Digital Imaging Monitor software.

Vista always finds the drivers on my hard drive, but this has been going on
since I upgraded to Vista from XP Pro and it's wearing on my nerves. I can
see re-installing the printer drivers if I've changed printers or downloaded
an updated driver, but everytime I boot my computer?

I've got plenty of free hard drive space on my C: drive as well as over 1 GB
of memory, so I don't think that's an issue. All of my other hardware
drivers are up-to-date as well.

I have downloaded the most recent release of the Vista 32-bit drivers from
HP's website for my printer and installed them - still have the same result -
everytime I boot my machine, it takes an additional 5 - 10 minutes to
reinstall the darn printer drivers!

I've thought about unistalling the Digital Imaging Monitor software, but
since that is integrated with the drivers, I can't do that. I don't even
know if that's what causing the problem.

Any ideas are very greatly appreciated!!
--
D.M. Rollins
Atlanta, GA USA
Carrie

RE: Windows Vista and HP PhotoSmart D5145 (USB)
I'm going through the same problem with my HP All in one Photosmart 4200
series. If someone could help us that would be great because i've almost had
enough of my computer and printer and i only just bought both Nov. 24, 2007.

R. C. White

Re: Windows Vista and HP PhotoSmart D5145 (USB)
Hi, Carrie.

What "same problem"?

Since you didn't quote any prior message, we haven't the slightest idea what
problem you might be having. :>(

Remember, we can't see your computer. The only thing we know about it is
what you tell us. So far, that is NOTHING!

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Carrie" <Carrie @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm going through the same problem with my HP All in one Photosmart 4200
> series. If someone could help us that would be great because i've almost
> had
> enough of my computer and printer and i only just bought both Nov. 24,
> 2007.

Carrie

Re: Windows Vista and HP PhotoSmart D5145 (USB)
i'm sorry i was under the impression that i was replying to another post that
was entered just before mine. I did not intent to have someone tell me that i
have told you NOTHING.. is there a reason why you have to put this in caps?,
i was only backing up the previous post in saying that i have the same
problem. please see the post below that i was adding to:

"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, Carrie.
>
> What "same problem"?
>
> Since you didn't quote any prior message, we haven't the slightest idea what
> problem you might be having. :>(
>
> Remember, we can't see your computer. The only thing we know about it is
> what you tell us. So far, that is NOTHING!
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@grandecom.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> (Running Windows Live Mail 2008 in Vista Ultimate x64)
>
> "Carrie" <Carrie @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm going through the same problem with my HP All in one Photosmart 4200
> > series. If someone could help us that would be great because i've almost
> > had
> > enough of my computer and printer and i only just bought both Nov. 24,
> > 2007.

R. C. White

Re: Windows Vista and HP PhotoSmart D5145 (USB)
Hi, Carrie.

I'm sorry if I was curt with my previous post, but at that point you really
had told us nothing about your computer except that it was new. Or about
your problem, except that it mentioned the printer. If you had quoted that
probably would not have replied at all because I don't have any experience
with that printer or that problem, so I would have let someone else handle
it.

You are using the web-based interface, which works much differently from the
news reader that I use. ALL I saw was your short message that started, "I'm
going through the same problem...", with no clue as to what "the same
problem" might be - except that it involved that HP printer. But doesn't
the browser interface have an option to quote the previous message? That
would keep us from having to ask, "What same problem?" Many times we feel
like we are coming into the middle of the movie with no idea what happened
up to now. :>(

You say the other post "was entered just before mine", but I can't see that
other post even when I specifically look for it. If you had not quoted it
in your latest message, I would still have no idea what your "same problem"
is. I have my Windows Live Mail set to delete posts about 35 days after I
download them, so the message you were replying to was apparently older than
that.

Good luck with your printer problem. I'm sorry I can't help with it. Your
best bet might be to start a new thread and describe your problem in your
own words, rather than refer to another post. And please include at least
minimal details of your own hardware, as D.M. Rollins did in the message you
quoted.

RC