mouse settings

avanrotciv

mouse settings
hello, I'm having problems with my mouse/touch pad on my laptop, it seems
like windows forgets how I configured them last time I used, I have to set it
up (pointer speed, enhanced precision) every time I reboot my machine, any
clue? At first I thought I had something to do with my logitech wireless
mouse, but I have tried setting up just the touch pad, then reboot but
nothing, it just forgets the confuguration.

I'm running vista business on a HP DV9000
samrreid@gmail.com

Re: mouse settings
On Nov 20, 8:50 am, avanrotciv <avanrot...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> hello, I'm having problems with my mouse/touch pad on my laptop, it seems
> like windows forgets how I configured them last time I used, I have to set it
> up (pointer speed, enhanced precision) every time I reboot my machine, any
> clue? At first I thought I had something to do with my logitech wireless
> mouse, but I have tried setting up just the touch pad, then reboot but
> nothing, it just forgets the confuguration.
>
> I'm running vista business on a HP DV9000

I'm having a similar problem with Vista Home after using a Logitech
marble mouse. I removed Logitech marble mouse, and uninstalled
Logitech program, but still Vista forgets my mouse settings. Let me
know if you have any ideas about how to resolve this.
samrreid@gmail.com

Re: mouse settings
Solution is here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/51...-resets-reboot
avanrotciv

Re: mouse settings

"samrreid@gmail.com" wrote:

> Solution is here:
> http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/51...-resets-reboot

disabled Set Point (Logitech) instead and its working fine now

Thanks
Roberta

RE: mouse settings
Is it safe to INSTALL Logitech Wireless Mouse to my new Vista Home Premiun
Notebook???
--
If you meet me, and forget me,
you have lost nothing.

Stand for something or you will fall for everything.

"avanrotciv" wrote:

> hello, I'm having problems with my mouse/touch pad on my laptop, it seems
> like windows forgets how I configured them last time I used, I have to set it
> up (pointer speed, enhanced precision) every time I reboot my machine, any
> clue? At first I thought I had something to do with my logitech wireless
> mouse, but I have tried setting up just the touch pad, then reboot but
> nothing, it just forgets the confuguration.
>

> I'm running vista business on a HP DV9000

Inquisitive_1

RE: mouse settings
I had the same annoying problem. If you go into MSCONFIG, in STARTUP,
uncheck any third party mouse software. For me, I had to uncheck two
Logitech boxes. If it doesn't work the first time, go in and do it again.
I've heard that sometimes, it takes two attempts for it to save.

The problem is that the third party settings and windows settings conflict,
so it diverts to default. Hope this helps!!!