Hauppauge HVR 1600 not recognized

rcchilds1

Hauppauge HVR 1600 not recognized
I am running Vista Home Premium on a HP with intel 965 board, Core duo E6600,
Radeon 1650, and Hauppauge 1600. Initally, I had no problem with TV in MC.
Now I get a continuous message that Windowns Media center receiver service
had to shut down. The card is functional, as it works with WinTV. I have
the latest drivers from Hauppauge and ATI. If I try to set up TV in Media
center, a message says that the tuner cannot be found.
I do have Roxio 9 and the latest Quicktime player. I have found references
to Cineplayer interfering with the receiver file. I have yet to find a
solution. Please help.
Gracias por su ayuda.
rcchilds1
Cal Bear '66

Re: Hauppauge HVR 1600 not recognized
You should request and install this Microsoft hotfix:

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"rcchilds1" <rcchilds1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Vista Home Premium on a HP with intel 965 board, Core duo E6600,
> Radeon 1650, and Hauppauge 1600. Initally, I had no problem with TV in MC.
> Now I get a continuous message that Windowns Media center receiver service
> had to shut down. The card is functional, as it works with WinTV. I have
> the latest drivers from Hauppauge and ATI. If I try to set up TV in Media
> center, a message says that the tuner cannot be found.
> I do have Roxio 9 and the latest Quicktime player. I have found references
> to Cineplayer interfering with the receiver file. I have yet to find a
> solution. Please help.
> Gracias por su ayuda.
> rcchilds1

rcchilds1

Re: Hauppauge HVR 1600 not recognized
Cal Bear,
Thank you, but I forgot to include that I have already installed the hotfix.
It made no difference.
Thanks

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> You should request and install this Microsoft hotfix:

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "rcchilds1" <rcchilds1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am running Vista Home Premium on a HP with intel 965 board, Core duo E6600,
> > Radeon 1650, and Hauppauge 1600. Initally, I had no problem with TV in MC.
> > Now I get a continuous message that Windowns Media center receiver service
> > had to shut down. The card is functional, as it works with WinTV. I have
> > the latest drivers from Hauppauge and ATI. If I try to set up TV in Media
> > center, a message says that the tuner cannot be found.
> > I do have Roxio 9 and the latest Quicktime player. I have found references
> > to Cineplayer interfering with the receiver file. I have yet to find a
> > solution. Please help.
> > Gracias por su ayuda.
> > rcchilds1

Donald L McDaniel

Re: Hauppauge HVR 1600 not recognized
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:41:03 -0800, rcchilds1
<rcchilds1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am running Vista Home Premium on a HP with intel 965 board, Core duo E6600,
> Radeon 1650, and Hauppauge 1600. Initally, I had no problem with TV in MC.
> Now I get a continuous message that Windowns Media center receiver service
>had to shut down. The card is functional, as it works with WinTV. I have
>the latest drivers from Hauppauge and ATI. If I try to set up TV in Media
>center, a message says that the tuner cannot be found.
>I do have Roxio 9 and the latest Quicktime player. I have found references
>to Cineplayer interfering with the receiver file. I have yet to find a
>solution. Please help.
>Gracias por su ayuda.
>rcchilds1

Questions:
Did you download and install the beta3.4 disk, or the disk you
received from Hauppauge? I ask this because the included WinTV works
very well with my Hauppauge HVR950 under Vista. I was never able to
get WMC configured, because it REQUIRES a compatible IR controller
device before it will finish configuration successfully.
NOTE that there is a file you MUST install previous to trying to
configure WMC.

For information and download links go here:
http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...r950.html#beta
Please read ALL sections from this section 'till the end of the page.
It contains necessary installation information.
NOTE that the installation directions provided in this section are NOT
for Vista, but XP. However, by doing what the directions say, and
adapting them for Vista, it will install just fine. Don't forget to
use "hwclear.exe" with the options listed in the installation section
BEFORE trying to install the driver included in the zip file to
attempt to use your device under Vista.

This is the file which needs to be installed previous to configuring
WMC:
http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/softw...r_20_25022.exe

The User must first use hwclear.exe to remove all drivers and
software, then reboot, and install the driver, then install the
necessary software by starting "setup.exe" in the folder you extracted
the 3.4beta CD to.

PLEASE, follow Hauppauge's directions as closely as possible. You
will have to modify the installation a little, so that it will finish
under Vista. Do NOT try to tweak anything, or do it using a
"short-cut" method. (I'm not referring to Windows desktop shortcuts,
but ignoring or replacing steps which would make it easier for you).

Donald McDaniel