Help with file system

WolfGang

Help with file system
I was wondering if anyone knew how to change a default install drive (other
than the currently default C:\ drive) and also if you could change the
location of your Pictures, Music, and My Documents folders without confusing
the computer or it losing track of them when you click the My Documents
button inside, say, Microsoft Word? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Help with file system
Selecting 'custom' install generally offers the option of installing to a
location other than C..

This link will take you to a listing re how to change MS Word default save
location..
http://www.google.com/search?q=how+t...x=&startPage=1

This link will take you to a listing re how to change the location of 'My
Documents..
http://www.google.com/search?q=how+t...x=&startPage=1

--
Mike Hall - MVP
Posting Productively.. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"WolfGang" <WolfGang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was wondering if anyone knew how to change a default install drive (other
> than the currently default C:\ drive) and also if you could change the
> location of your Pictures, Music, and My Documents folders without
> confusing
> the computer or it losing track of them when you click the My Documents
> button inside, say, Microsoft Word? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.

Rick Rogers

Re: Help with file system
Hi,

Personal folders like Downloads, Documents, Pictures, etc. (there are no
"My" folders, those are only pointers to the new user data folders) can be
moved by right clicking the folder in Windows Explorer and choosing
properties. Do not use the links section in the upper left, but rather the
folder tree at lower left or the right hand folder view. On the Location
tab, click the "move" button to change it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org