Display blanks and does not go to sleep

Mike

Display blanks and does not go to sleep
I have a HP dv6000 new laptop with Vista Home Premium preinstalled on it. A
few weeks ago i tried to put my laptop to sleep and the screen would go
black, but thats as far as it got. The laptop stayed on, but the screen was
black. I went to performance issues and i saw that my nvidia geforce 7400
driver was delaying my laptop from going to sleep. Windows told me that this
lasted for only 3 seconds, but after many attempts and having to wait for
more than five minutes, i was still unable to put it to sleep.
I rolled back to the previous version of my video driver and still nothing.
I updated again to the new drivers from the HP Update utility and i still
can't put the laptop to sleep.
Hibernate though works fine. Another issue that i am seeing in the control
panel is that a program that i had to auto shutdown my laptop had prevented
it from going to sleep, but this had been uninstalled long before. Is there a
chence that there have been leftovers from this program that are preventing
my laptop now from going to sleep? Because as long as i had this program
installed there was no problem for both auto and manual sleep options. But i
am not sure if the problem started when i uninstalled the program, or a few
days later.
If the problem is being caused from the video driver what can i do about it,
since installing the new and old drivers does not resolve it?
Any help would be very appreciated.
samh

Re: Display blanks and does not go to sleep

I have the exact same issue - any luck finding a solution?

--
samh
Mike

Re: Display blanks and does not go to sleep
No, i had to reinstall windows because i had a ton more problems apart from
this.

"samh" wrote:

> I have the exact same issue - any luck finding a solution?
>
> Mike;517999 Wrote:
> > I have a HP dv6000 new laptop with Vista Home Premium preinstalled on
> > it. A
> > few weeks ago i tried to put my laptop to sleep and the screen would go
> > black, but thats as far as it got. The laptop stayed on, but the screen
> > was
> > black. I went to performance issues and i saw that my nvidia geforce
> > 7400
> > driver was delaying my laptop from going to sleep. Windows told me that
> > this
> > lasted for only 3 seconds, but after many attempts and having to wait
> > for
> > more than five minutes, i was still unable to put it to sleep.
> > I rolled back to the previous version of my video driver and still
> > nothing.
> > I updated again to the new drivers from the HP Update utility and i
> > still
> > can't put the laptop to sleep.
> > Hibernate though works fine. Another issue that i am seeing in the
> > control
> > panel is that a program that i had to auto shutdown my laptop had
> > prevented
> > it from going to sleep, but this had been uninstalled long before. Is
> > there a
> > chence that there have been leftovers from this program that are
> > preventing
> > my laptop now from going to sleep? Because as long as i had this
> > program
> > installed there was no problem for both auto and manual sleep options.
> > But i
> > am not sure if the problem started when i uninstalled the program, or a
> > few
> > days later.
> > If the problem is being caused from the video driver what can i do
> > about it,
> > since installing the new and old drivers does not resolve it?
> > Any help would be very appreciated.

> --
> samh

radar

Re: Display blanks and does not go to sleep

Oh man! i got same problem! it started two days ago and i cant do
anything about it. Its pissing me off! Cuz i always leave it on...
Please let me know how to fix this asap.

--
radar