HP Webcam problems

AV Guy

HP Webcam problems
I have a HP dv2510 with a built in webcam and vista home premium. Webcam has
worked in the past with Windows Messenger and Camtasia Studio until recently.
Not sure if recent Windows update caused this .... others on this board seem
to have problem with the HP Webcam as well.

Can someone help?
TimoKM

Re: HP Webcam problems
I have same problems with HP Webcam and HP dv9000 series pcs.
Problems seems to be Windows Messenger -- it reserves it and not release.

I have noticed this with Messenger and Skype.
After booting all again working.

Waiting answers from MS and HP --- without real help.
If someone knows - what to do --- please tell us.

regards TKM

"AV Guy" <AVGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
>I have a HP dv2510 with a built in webcam and vista home premium. Webcam
>has
> worked in the past with Windows Messenger and Camtasia Studio until
> recently.
> Not sure if recent Windows update caused this .... others on this board
> seem
> to have problem with the HP Webcam as well.
>
> Can someone help?

tattoo_dan

Re: HP Webcam problems
I have the exact same problem with a HP DV9644CA Notebook computer. It's the
latest update to Media Center for Windows Vista Home Premium that deactivates
the integrated webcam and it then cannot be reactivated. I simply desintalled
the update and everything went back to normal. I've tried to notify Microsoft
but I never could find the proper channel to report it. I've notify HP wich
should be the best bet but haven't heard from them yet... Any ideas where
this should be reported ?

Dan

"TimoKM" wrote:

> I have same problems with HP Webcam and HP dv9000 series pcs.
> Problems seems to be Windows Messenger -- it reserves it and not release.
>
> I have noticed this with Messenger and Skype.
> After booting all again working.
>
> Waiting answers from MS and HP --- without real help.
> If someone knows - what to do --- please tell us.
>
> regards TKM
>
> "AV Guy" <AVGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> >I have a HP dv2510 with a built in webcam and vista home premium. Webcam
> >has
> > worked in the past with Windows Messenger and Camtasia Studio until
> > recently.
> > Not sure if recent Windows update caused this .... others on this board
> > seem
> > to have problem with the HP Webcam as well.
> >
> > Can someone help?

AV Guy

Re: HP Webcam problems
I have had luck (so far) with this link obtained through HP:
http//support.microsoft.com/kb/929532