Audio Device not loading in vista!

Tomsk

Audio Device not loading in vista!
Hi can someone please help me! I am having serious problems!

I have recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate and have been unable to get
sound devices to load. I am getting an error:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

When I look at details for the drivers both devices give problem code 27

Currently I have a Sound Blaster Xfi Extreme Audio sound card and also an
inbuilt AC 97 Intel chip. The intel is on a d845ebg2 board, it comes up as
Intel 82801DB/DB01 AC '97 Audio Controller (I have tried using drivers for
the other Intel on board cards). I have also tried my old Sound Blaster
Audigy card and tried a Sound Blaster Audigy LE card which I took back.

For all these devices I have tried them on their own and in different PCI
slots (i.e. with onboard audio turned off in the BIOS or the pci card taken
out). I have tried the latest drivers from Creative or Windows Update. I have
correctly matched my Creative products from the label on the board to the
drivers on the website.

I know these devices work because they work in XP on my other boot.

I have tried at the boot screen pressing F8 and using unsigned drivers.

I have tried typing Bcdedit.exe –set nointegritychecks ON at the command
prompt with admin privaliges.

I have tried using regedit and removing upperlimits and lowerlimits. I have
no idea what this even means.

In short I do not know what to do! Please help me I want to watch Heroes!
Shane Davenport

Re: Audio Device not loading in vista!
First turn off the onboard audio. What version of Ultimate are you using
(32bit or 64bit)? When you goto the support section on creatives website
when it always you to choose the operating system, it will come up as
Windows XP. You have to change that to either Vista 32 or Vista 64.