vista driver request

Steven Wabik

vista driver request
i have older devices and some newer ones and the drivers for these devives
are not included in vista. is there any way to contact microsoft to request
that they native support for these devices. i do not want to have to insert
my driver CD for when i install my hardware device.

there was an option for this for beta testers of windows vista beta 1 and
beta 2, but they have not seemed to have taken in any of the drivers that i
have submitted.

i just want the hardware drivers to be embeded in the OS like they were in
XP.

from,
Steven Wabik

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: vista driver request
The tools I would suggest for this are more targetted at an IT Pro, you
could slip stream drivers into a custom install disk. But I would recommend
you create a custom driver disk with all the device drivers you will need
and just insert when needed and point the installer to driver when you
install your devices.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@verizon.net> wrote in message
>i have older devices and some newer ones and the drivers for these devives
>are not included in vista. is there any way to contact microsoft to request
>that they native support for these devices. i do not want to have to insert
>my driver CD for when i install my hardware device.
>
> there was an option for this for beta testers of windows vista beta 1 and
> beta 2, but they have not seemed to have taken in any of the drivers that
> i have submitted.
>
> i just want the hardware drivers to be embeded in the OS like they were in
> XP.
>
> from,
> Steven Wabik

Steven Wabik

Re: vista driver request
i kind of already did something like that. what i would like is for
microsoft is to have more build-in support for devices in the operating
system. i wanna know if there is a way to submit drivers to microsoft so
that they can add them to vista as a part of service pack 1.

"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" <andred25@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The tools I would suggest for this are more targetted at an IT Pro, you
> could slip stream drivers into a custom install disk. But I would
> recommend you create a custom driver disk with all the device drivers you
> will need and just insert when needed and point the installer to driver
> when you install your devices.
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>i have older devices and some newer ones and the drivers for these devives
>>are not included in vista. is there any way to contact microsoft to
>>request that they native support for these devices. i do not want to have
>>to insert my driver CD for when i install my hardware device.
>>
>> there was an option for this for beta testers of windows vista beta 1 and
>> beta 2, but they have not seemed to have taken in any of the drivers that
>> i have submitted.
>>
>> i just want the hardware drivers to be embeded in the OS like they were
>> in XP.
>>
>> from,
>> Steven Wabik

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: vista driver request
Its a complex situation with including drivers in Service Packs for
Microsoft. Drivers could be designated as features and Microsoft vowed to
stop including drivers in Service Packs starting NT SP3. Device drivers are
only included in SPs if there is a new industry standard coming to market
such as Bluetooth in XP SP1, 802.11 wireless standards. Vista SP1 will
include support for 802.11n based hardware since its a new industry standard
for high speed wireless.

Including a basic driver you can easily get from the manufacturer or through
Windows Update is in some ways a bit too trivial for a Service Pack. Service
Packs also are meant to fix/improve things in Windows, not add features.