NEC DVD+-RW ND-3650A

franklygross

NEC DVD+-RW ND-3650A
i performed a flash udate of of the dell website for a dvd burner. after that
update, vista no longer had a driver for it. after 13 hours on the phone
support, they decided to send me a new burner, the one in the subject line,
the tech installed it and was unable to get it to work, again its like there
is no driver for this. i run the update, nothing for it. the found new device
cant find driver for it either, basically my computer sees it, but has no
driver for it nor can dell or device manager find driver for it. please help!
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: NEC DVD+-RW ND-3650A
Try the fix from this web site..

Mike Hall - MVP
Posting Productively.. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"franklygross" <franklygross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i performed a flash udate of of the dell website for a dvd burner. after
>that
> update, vista no longer had a driver for it. after 13 hours on the phone
> support, they decided to send me a new burner, the one in the subject
> line,
> the tech installed it and was unable to get it to work, again its like
> there
> is no driver for this. i run the update, nothing for it. the found new
> device
> cant find driver for it either, basically my computer sees it, but has no
> driver for it nor can dell or device manager find driver for it. please
> help!

Cal Bear '66

Re: NEC DVD+-RW ND-3650A
You could try this to see if it is applicable:

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> You could try this to see if it is applicable:

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "franklygross" <franklygross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i performed a flash udate of of the dell website for a dvd burner. after that
> > update, vista no longer had a driver for it. after 13 hours on the phone
> > support, they decided to send me a new burner, the one in the subject line,
> > the tech installed it and was unable to get it to work, again its like there
> > is no driver for this. i run the update, nothing for it. the found new device
> > cant find driver for it either, basically my computer sees it, but has no
> > driver for it nor can dell or device manager find driver for it. please help!

> both above suggestions were tried with the dell "help". im running vista home premium, computer came with the os and the first dvd burner. have updated bios, chip set, everything available at the dell support update page.

Dustin Harper

Re: NEC DVD+-RW ND-3650A
It may be a little difficult for the average user, but you might look
around for a newer firmware and update it to that. Or you might try to
downgrade the firmware, as well. It can be a pain in the butt to do, but
it should get you back up and running.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

franklygross wrote:

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> You could try this to see if it is applicable:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929461
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "franklygross" <franklygross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> i performed a flash udate of of the dell website for a dvd burner. after that
>>> update, vista no longer had a driver for it. after 13 hours on the phone
>>> support, they decided to send me a new burner, the one in the subject line,
>>> the tech installed it and was unable to get it to work, again its like there
>>> is no driver for this. i run the update, nothing for it. the found new device
>>> cant find driver for it either, basically my computer sees it, but has no
>>> driver for it nor can dell or device manager find driver for it. please help!

>> both above suggestions were tried with the dell "help". im running vista home premium, computer came with the os and the first dvd burner. have updated bios, chip set, everything available at the dell support update page.

franklygross

Re: NEC DVD+-RW ND-3650A
tried a flash update specifically for this unit, both vista and xp, and the
update said the device was not found properly. the system utility set up (f2
i think) recognizes it but the os doesnt.