How to install "PCI to PCI Bridge" driver, associated with WinTV card installation?

Imageman

How to install "PCI to PCI Bridge" driver, associated with WinTV card installation?
Vista Ultimate 64bit / 4 GB memory / MSI 965 Motherboard / NVidia GeForce
7600 GS video card \ Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800 MC-Kit

I'm not a PC whiz, so please be gentle :-) I just installed a WinTV-HVR-1800
MC-Kit in an empty PCI Express x1 slot. Vista found the card but in the
'Found New Hardware' dialog I'm getting a 'needs to install driver software
for your PCI to PCI Bridge'. Vista doesn't find it, and it and asks for the
disk that came with the hardware, and I've tried the MSI motherboard drivers
CD', and the WinTV CD but the drivers are not found. Same with MCE
TRANCEIVER Emulator Device 2006'

- When I visit the Vista Control Panel / System Devices, the PCI to PCI
Bridge entry says the device is working properly?
- In 'Other devices' the only entry is ' MCE TRANCEIVER Emulator Device
2006', and the statement it is not configured properly?

To be honest I don't understand the function of the bridge or the
Tranceiver. I am able to go into Vista 'Media Center' and pick up some local
TV stations but am receiving poor quality images, and the rest of the
functionality doesn't seem to work. Assistance appreciated - Thanks, IM

--
USA - Washington State, Kitsap County "Replies welcomed as a sign of good
etiquette" Nostradamus 1560

Cal Bear '66

Re: How to install "PCI to PCI Bridge" driver, associated with WinTV card installation?
Are the drivers on the CD the latest VISTA drivers?

You can download the latest (ver. 3.4D1) here:

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...t_hvr1800.html

NOTE: Be sure to follow the installation instructions to the letter, especially
removing the old drivers and applications before installing the newer drivers.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Imageman" <Imageman@snaps.com> wrote in message
news:FIadnYm257iAi6LanZ2dnUVZ_tajnZ2d@giganews.com ...
> Vista Ultimate 64bit / 4 GB memory / MSI 965 Motherboard / NVidia GeForce 7600
> GS video card \ Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800 MC-Kit
>
> I'm not a PC whiz, so please be gentle :-) I just installed a WinTV-HVR-1800
> MC-Kit in an empty PCI Express x1 slot. Vista found the card but in the
> 'Found New Hardware' dialog I'm getting a 'needs to install driver software
> for your PCI to PCI Bridge'. Vista doesn't find it, and it and asks for the
> disk that came with the hardware, and I've tried the MSI motherboard drivers
> CD', and the WinTV CD but the drivers are not found. Same with MCE TRANCEIVER
> Emulator Device 2006'
>
> - When I visit the Vista Control Panel / System Devices, the PCI to PCI
> Bridge entry says the device is working properly?
> - In 'Other devices' the only entry is ' MCE TRANCEIVER Emulator Device
> 2006', and the statement it is not configured properly?
>
> To be honest I don't understand the function of the bridge or the Tranceiver.
> I am able to go into Vista 'Media Center' and pick up some local TV stations
> but am receiving poor quality images, and the rest of the functionality
> doesn't seem to work. Assistance appreciated - Thanks, IM
>

> --
> USA - Washington State, Kitsap County "Replies welcomed as a sign of good
> etiquette" Nostradamus 1560

Imageman

Re: How to install "PCI to PCI Bridge" driver, associated with WinTV card installation?
Sorry for the late 'Thank You'! I resolved the problem by removing the card
and reinstalling after a clean boot, with the SW you recommended. Works fine
now. Have a great holiday! - IM

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> Are the drivers on the CD the latest VISTA drivers?
>
> You can download the latest (ver. 3.4D1) here:
>
> http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...t_hvr1800.html
>
> NOTE: Be sure to follow the installation instructions to the letter,
> especially removing the old drivers and applications before installing the
> newer drivers.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Imageman" <Imageman@snaps.com> wrote in message
> news:FIadnYm257iAi6LanZ2dnUVZ_tajnZ2d@giganews.com ...
>> Vista Ultimate 64bit / 4 GB memory / MSI 965 Motherboard / NVidia GeForce
>> 7600 GS video card \ Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800 MC-Kit
>>
>> I'm not a PC whiz, so please be gentle :-) I just installed a
>> WinTV-HVR-1800 MC-Kit in an empty PCI Express x1 slot. Vista found the
>> card but in the 'Found New Hardware' dialog I'm getting a 'needs to
>> install driver software for your PCI to PCI Bridge'. Vista doesn't find
>> it, and it and asks for the disk that came with the hardware, and I've
>> tried the MSI motherboard drivers CD', and the WinTV CD but the drivers
>> are not found. Same with MCE TRANCEIVER Emulator Device 2006'
>>
>> - When I visit the Vista Control Panel / System Devices, the PCI to PCI
>> Bridge entry says the device is working properly?
>> - In 'Other devices' the only entry is ' MCE TRANCEIVER Emulator Device
>> 2006', and the statement it is not configured properly?
>>
>> To be honest I don't understand the function of the bridge or the
>> Tranceiver. I am able to go into Vista 'Media Center' and pick up some
>> local TV stations but am receiving poor quality images, and the rest of
>> the functionality doesn't seem to work. Assistance appreciated - Thanks,
>> IM
>>

>> --
>> USA - Washington State, Kitsap County "Replies welcomed as a sign of
>> good etiquette" Nostradamus 1560

Cal Bear '66

Re: How to install "PCI to PCI Bridge" driver, associated with WinTV card installation?
Excellent!

You're welcome -- although, I think that removing and reinstalling the card had
more to do with solving your problem than the using the latest drivers.

It's very good to hear you were successful.

Enjoy!