Recording tab not visible for DVD-RW drives

hardware_dev

Recording tab not visible for DVD-RW drives
Hi,
The system has (2) x DVD-RW drives. Both of these drives do not have the
recording tab visible under properties. (Vista Ultimate).
Is there a registry fix or workaround for this?

Thanks
Rick Rogers

Re: Recording tab not visible for DVD-RW drives
Hi,

The drive may require a firmware update in order to register correctly.
Check with the drive manufacturer for the availability of one. If the drive
was preinstalled by a system manufacturer, check with them for possible
resolution.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"hardware_dev" <hardwaredev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> The system has (2) x DVD-RW drives. Both of these drives do not have the
> recording tab visible under properties. (Vista Ultimate).
> Is there a registry fix or workaround for this?
>
> Thanks

hardware_dev

Re: Recording tab not visible for DVD-RW drives
Hi Rick,

The drives have the latest firmware and work fine under XP.

Thnx

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The drive may require a firmware update in order to register correctly.
> Check with the drive manufacturer for the availability of one. If the drive
> was preinstalled by a system manufacturer, check with them for possible
> resolution.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "hardware_dev" <hardwaredev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > The system has (2) x DVD-RW drives. Both of these drives do not have the
> > recording tab visible under properties. (Vista Ultimate).
> > Is there a registry fix or workaround for this?
> >
> > Thanks

Rick Rogers

Re: Recording tab not visible for DVD-RW drives
Hi,

Try uninstalling them and removing the upper and lowerfilter entries per
this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

Then reboot and reinstall the drives.

--

> Hi Rick,
>
> The drives have the latest firmware and work fine under XP.
>
> Thnx
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The drive may require a firmware update in order to register correctly.
>> Check with the drive manufacturer for the availability of one. If the
>> drive
>> was preinstalled by a system manufacturer, check with them for possible
>> resolution.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "hardware_dev" <hardwaredev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > The system has (2) x DVD-RW drives. Both of these drives do not have
>> > the
>> > recording tab visible under properties. (Vista Ultimate).
>> > Is there a registry fix or workaround for this?
>> >
>> > Thanks

hardware_dev

Re: Recording tab not visible for DVD-RW drives
Hi Roger,

Tried that, still no joy.

Cheers

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try uninstalling them and removing the upper and lowerfilter entries per
> this article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461
>
> Then reboot and reinstall the drives.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "hardware_dev" <hardwaredev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Rick,
> >
> > The drives have the latest firmware and work fine under XP.
> >
> > Thnx
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> The drive may require a firmware update in order to register correctly.
> >> Check with the drive manufacturer for the availability of one. If the
> >> drive
> >> was preinstalled by a system manufacturer, check with them for possible
> >> resolution.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick Rogers

Re: Recording tab not visible for DVD-RW drives
Hi,

Are you able to record with it?
Have you installed any 3rd party burning software?

I ask that latter question as I do have one Vista system where there is no
recording tab on the DVDRW unit that burns perfectly fine using a third
party program.

--

> Hi Roger,
>
> Tried that, still no joy.
>
> Cheers
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Try uninstalling them and removing the upper and lowerfilter entries per
>> this article:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461
>>
>> Then reboot and reinstall the drives.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "hardware_dev" <hardwaredev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Rick,
>> >
>> > The drives have the latest firmware and work fine under XP.
>> >
>> > Thnx

hardware_dev

Re: Recording tab not visible for DVD-RW drives
Hi Rick,

Got it sorted.

Cheers

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are you able to record with it?
> Have you installed any 3rd party burning software?
>
> I ask that latter question as I do have one Vista system where there is no
> recording tab on the DVDRW unit that burns perfectly fine using a third
> party program.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "hardware_dev" <hardwaredev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Roger,
> >
> > Tried that, still no joy.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Try uninstalling them and removing the upper and lowerfilter entries per
> >> this article:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461
> >>
> >> Then reboot and reinstall the drives.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

hardware_dev

Re: Recording tab not visible for DVD-RW drives
Here is the fix:
Uninstall the Gigabyte SATA & RAID drivers.

Cheers

"hardware_dev" wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> Got it sorted.
>
> Cheers
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are you able to record with it?
> > Have you installed any 3rd party burning software?
> >
> > I ask that latter question as I do have one Vista system where there is no
> > recording tab on the DVDRW unit that burns perfectly fine using a third
> > party program.
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
> >
> > "hardware_dev" <hardwaredev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Roger,
> > >
> > > Tried that, still no joy.
> > >
> > > Cheers

hardware_dev

Re: Recording tab not visible for DVD-RW drives
Some details:
When the SATA & RAID drivers are installed, the native Windows DVD burning
capability is disabled. ie: The recording tab found under the DVD drive
properties disappears. When the SATA & RAID drivers are uninstalled the
recording tab for the DVD-RW drives will reappear.
Configuration (2) x IDE DVD-RW drives & (1) x SATA hard drive in IDE mode.

Cheers

"hardware_dev" wrote:

> Here is the fix:
> Uninstall the Gigabyte SATA & RAID drivers.
>
> Cheers
>
> "hardware_dev" wrote:
>
> > Hi Rick,
> >
> > Got it sorted.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Are you able to record with it?
> > > Have you installed any 3rd party burning software?
> > >
> > > I ask that latter question as I do have one Vista system where there is no
> > > recording tab on the DVDRW unit that burns perfectly fine using a third
> > > party program.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best of Luck,
> > >
> > > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

Rick Rogers

Re: Recording tab not visible for DVD-RW drives
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, it may help others. Glad you got it sorted.