Intellipoint Mouse question

ClooLess

Intellipoint Mouse question
I've been trying to plug in a Microsoft Optical Intellimouse into my new
Vista equipped laptop, but it doesn't appear to be working, the cursor won't
budge using the mouse, but is fine with the touchpad. There is Mouse software
included with the Vista OS, is it not compatible with the Intellimouse?
Should I install the Intellimouse software? and if so, what should I do about
the Mouse software that is already installed on my laptop.
This is my first Windows computer, please keep the answers simple if possible!
Thanks very much
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Intellipoint Mouse question
Go to this web site for the latest drivers for you mouse, and install them.
You install the drivers first, then connect your mouse..

http://www.microsoft.com/canada/hard...s/default.mspx

--
Mike Hall - MVP
Posting Productively.. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"ClooLess" <ClooLess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been trying to plug in a Microsoft Optical Intellimouse into my new
> Vista equipped laptop, but it doesn't appear to be working, the cursor
> won't
> budge using the mouse, but is fine with the touchpad. There is Mouse
> software
> included with the Vista OS, is it not compatible with the Intellimouse?
> Should I install the Intellimouse software? and if so, what should I do
> about
> the Mouse software that is already installed on my laptop.
> This is my first Windows computer, please keep the answers simple if
> possible!
> Thanks very much

ClooLess

Re: Intellipoint Mouse question
Hi,
thanks for the advice.
One more question, what should I do with the Mouse software that is already
installed on my Vista laptop? Should I uninstall it before installing the new
Intellipoint software?
Thanks.

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> Go to this web site for the latest drivers for you mouse, and install them.
> You install the drivers first, then connect your mouse..
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/canada/hard...s/default.mspx
>
> --
> Mike Hall - MVP
> Posting Productively.. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "ClooLess" <ClooLess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've been trying to plug in a Microsoft Optical Intellimouse into my new
> > Vista equipped laptop, but it doesn't appear to be working, the cursor
> > won't
> > budge using the mouse, but is fine with the touchpad. There is Mouse
> > software
> > included with the Vista OS, is it not compatible with the Intellimouse?
> > Should I install the Intellimouse software? and if so, what should I do
> > about
> > the Mouse software that is already installed on my laptop.
> > This is my first Windows computer, please keep the answers simple if
> > possible!
> > Thanks very much

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Intellipoint Mouse question
No need.. the new drivers will take effect anyway..