Device Driver sill not install due to Resource error

CarmenR

Device Driver sill not install due to Resource error
Hardware: ACER 9410-2829 2GB RAMM 1.73Ghz
Windows Vista Home Premium

Just updated Windows and restarted my computer. Now I my Mobile Intel(R)
945 Express Chipset Family Display Adapter software driver will not load, get
the following Error:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

I have installed the most up-to-date Intel Driver software, but no luck.
There is no Driver Roll Back.

Without this driver running the Video Hardware Accelerator does not run.
acole

Re: Device Driver sill not install due to Resource error

CarmenR,
I have exactly the same problem that you described, however my notebook
is a Toshiba A10H with the Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
Display Adapter.

It stopped working after I finished windows update. I am running Vista
Business, 2GB ram, 2 Ghz core 2 processor.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem.

--
acole
acole's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35221

http://forums.techarena.in

ralphster

Re: Device Driver sill not install due to Resource error

Exact same situation as you describe hit me this week on my HP Pavilion
dv6426us with Intel 945G and Vista, + Code 12 message.

My system is also expanded to 2GBytes of RAM. Do we all have that in
common?

Here is one additional observation I would like to make. Please share
any similarity or shoot it down. --- The product documentation says it
supports 244 MBytes of video RAM. The "HP" BIOS (F.28) offers two
when I expanded to 2GB) I tweaked the configuration of the Intel
Graphics accelerator to be more aggressive about claiming RAM for
video.

?

--
ralphster
ralphster's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35281
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=853425

http://forums.techarena.in

angryboi101

Re: Device Driver sill not install due to Resource error

i installed windows update i think yesterday and since intel chipset is
also not working been trying to sort it out all day have no look my
laptop is advent 8117 techsupport says i should do system recovery but
cant coz have to much stuff and not enough to back it up on. i think
its a problem with the update. does anybody also have screen display
that looks as if it is in "safe mode" and lack of options for changing
appearence? in display settings?? vista is nothing buyt hassle!

--
angryboi101
angryboi101's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35286
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=853425

http://forums.techarena.in

David

Re: Device Driver sill not install due to Resource error
Hello everyone before me.
Two different laptops: Sony Vaio sz650n only 3 weeks old & Toshiba sat pro
120a not quite a year old, both running Vista business.
Screensaver will not run, due to direct3d fault.
Windows 3D flip aero will not work.
Display adaptor has yellow triangle + exclemation mark.
All happened since unfortunate update "ati pci filter" something...
Have tried updating driver, roll back driver, restore, nada...
What now..??

"angryboi101" wrote:

> i installed windows update i think yesterday and since intel chipset is
> also not working been trying to sort it out all day have no look my
> laptop is advent 8117 techsupport says i should do system recovery but
> cant coz have to much stuff and not enough to back it up on. i think
> its a problem with the update. does anybody also have screen display
> that looks as if it is in "safe mode" and lack of options for changing
> appearence? in display settings?? vista is nothing buyt hassle!
>

> --
> angryboi101
> angryboi101's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35286
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=853425
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

CarmenR

Re: Device Driver sill not install due to Resource error
All,
I finally got my system back. I had to use the Windows System Restore to go
back to the settings from the morning before installing the update. Then I
ran the other updates I did to my other software and had no problems. I did
NOT install any Windows updates and since have had no problems. Tonight I
installed the recommended Windows updates, but first backed up to USB HD. My
laptop restarted and I haven't had any problems yet.

"David" wrote:

> Hello everyone before me.
> Two different laptops: Sony Vaio sz650n only 3 weeks old & Toshiba sat pro
> 120a not quite a year old, both running Vista business.
> Screensaver will not run, due to direct3d fault.
> Windows 3D flip aero will not work.
> Display adaptor has yellow triangle + exclemation mark.
> All happened since unfortunate update "ati pci filter" something...
> Have tried updating driver, roll back driver, restore, nada...
> What now..??
>

> "angryboi101" wrote:
>

> > i installed windows update i think yesterday and since intel chipset is
> > also not working been trying to sort it out all day have no look my
> > laptop is advent 8117 techsupport says i should do system recovery but
> > cant coz have to much stuff and not enough to back it up on. i think
> > its a problem with the update. does anybody also have screen display
> > that looks as if it is in "safe mode" and lack of options for changing
> > appearence? in display settings?? vista is nothing buyt hassle!
> >

> > --
> > angryboi101
> > angryboi101's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35286
> > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=853425
> >
> > http://forums.techarena.in

angryboi101

Re: Device Driver sill not install due to Resource error

i tried system restore and it didnt work now im stuck with a slow
computer, safe mode resolution and a non working media centre! please
is there anyway i can undo the affects of the update because even when
i uninstalled them manually (coz system restore didnt work) it still
messed up ARRRGHHHHHHHH!!!

--
angryboi101
angryboi101's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35286
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=853425

http://forums.techarena.in

angryboi101

Re: Device Driver sill not install due to Resource error

I FIXED IT I FIXED IT AHAHAHAH !!!!!!!!!!

NOW THATS OUT MY SYSTEM LOL

after going to the following
website:http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.ph...entry 1443811

i discovered that the problems lies with the ATI PCI FILTER!!

WHICH CAN BE FOUND IN SYSTEM DEVICES!

THERE IS ALSO ANOTHER LINK IN A POST BY JACEE WITH ANOTHER LINK, NOT
STEP BY STEPS BUT SUMWHAT HELPFUL

BASICALLY,

UNINSTALL YOUR CHIPSET FAMILY (MOBILE INTEL)

THEN THE FILTER DRIVER I SAID ABOVE, AT THIS POINT SOMETHING STARTED
TO RE-INSTALL BY ITSELF.

IT ASKED ME FOR A VGA DISK WHICH IT COULD INSTALL FROM, I DIDNT HAVE IT
AND THE 2ND THING UNINSTALLING ASKED TO RESTART COMPUTER SO I DID.

WHEN I TURNED IT BACK ON IT ASKED FOR DISK WITH DRIVERS. I INSERTED
DRIVER CD ROM WHICH CAME WITH MY PC. AND CLICKED NEXT. IT STARTED
INSTALLING AND WHEN IT FINISHED WITH "WONT WORK TILL RESTART" I
RESTARTED IT. WHEN I TURNED ON MY COMPUTER IT STILL LOOKED LIKE IT WAS
IN SAFE MODE.

I WENT TO SCREEN RESOLUTION SETTINGS AND WAS ABLE TO CHANGE IT TO WHAT
IT WAS, WHICH I WAS UNABKE TO DO BEFORE BECAUSE DISPLAY ADAPTER HAD A
CODE 12 WHICH IS NOW NO LONGER AN ISSUE. THIS IS WHAT I DID SO TRY IT
IF YOU WANT.

DONT MESS AROUND WITH UR COMP IF U DONT THINK U CAN FOLLOW THESE STEPS
AND IF YOU DONT HAVE A DRIVER CD I DONT RECOMMEND YOU TRY THIS AT ALL
UNLESS YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE ORGINAL DRIVERS FOR THE MOBILE INTEL 945
(OR WATEVA MAKE YOURS IS .... if you do it and you dont have drivers
you will be kynda SC***D

HOPE I HELP, SORRY 4 LACK OF PROPER ENGLISH AND CAPITALS.

--
angryboi101
angryboi101's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35286
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=853425

http://forums.techarena.in

acole

Re: Device Driver sill not install due to Resource error

Thanks Angryboi101,

Your advice helped. I simply unistalled the Ati filter device under
system devices, Vista asked me to reboot several times as it
reconfigured my system.
Everything is now working fine!

--
acole
acole's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35221
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=853425

http://forums.techarena.in

GillB

RE: Device Driver sill not install due to Resource error
Its driving me mad.I'm having exactly the same problem.