Soundmax Driver sound VERY quiet

Debbie Watkin

Soundmax Driver sound VERY quiet
I have Windows Vista and have installed all the latest drivers including the
Soundmax high definition driver for vista (dated may 07). Although the
volume controls are all set to 100%, the sound is very quiet (I have to
strain to hear it). Any ideas what I can do. I have also tried to downgrade
the driver, but Vista will not allow me to install as it says I have the
latest drivers.
--
Debbie
Cal Bear '66

Re: Soundmax Driver sound VERY quiet
Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
select Playback Devices. In the Playback window, highlight Speakers and press
the Properties button. On the Levels tab, adjust the Output Play slider.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Debbie Watkin" <DebbieWatkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows Vista and have installed all the latest drivers including the
> Soundmax high definition driver for vista (dated may 07). Although the
> volume controls are all set to 100%, the sound is very quiet (I have to
> strain to hear it). Any ideas what I can do. I have also tried to downgrade
> the driver, but Vista will not allow me to install as it says I have the
> latest drivers.
> --
> Debbie

Debbie Watkin

Re: Soundmax Driver sound VERY quiet
Have already done this. There doesn't appear to be an Output Play slider.
All other sliders - speakers, microphone and rear input are all set to 100%
--
Debbie

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
> select Playback Devices. In the Playback window, highlight Speakers and press
> the Properties button. On the Levels tab, adjust the Output Play slider.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Debbie Watkin" <DebbieWatkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Windows Vista and have installed all the latest drivers including the
> > Soundmax high definition driver for vista (dated may 07). Although the
> > volume controls are all set to 100%, the sound is very quiet (I have to
> > strain to hear it). Any ideas what I can do. I have also tried to downgrade
> > the driver, but Vista will not allow me to install as it says I have the
> > latest drivers.
> > --
> > Debbie

Cal Bear '66

Re: Soundmax Driver sound VERY quiet
Are the speakers connected to the correct audio adapter output ( not headphone
output, for example) on your computer? Are the speakers self-powered or
connected to an amplifier? Are the speaker connections ok?

> Have already done this. There doesn't appear to be an Output Play slider.
> All other sliders - speakers, microphone and rear input are all set to 100%
> --
> Debbie
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
>> select Playback Devices. In the Playback window, highlight Speakers and
>> press
>> the Properties button. On the Levels tab, adjust the Output Play slider.
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Debbie Watkin" <DebbieWatkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have Windows Vista and have installed all the latest drivers including the
>> > Soundmax high definition driver for vista (dated may 07). Although the
>> > volume controls are all set to 100%, the sound is very quiet (I have to
>> > strain to hear it). Any ideas what I can do. I have also tried to
>> > downgrade
>> > the driver, but Vista will not allow me to install as it says I have the
>> > latest drivers.
>> > --
>> > Debbie

Debbie Watkin

Re: Soundmax Driver sound VERY quiet
HP Compaq DC7800 Internal speakers
--
Debbie

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Are the speakers connected to the correct audio adapter output ( not headphone
> output, for example) on your computer? Are the speakers self-powered or
> connected to an amplifier? Are the speaker connections ok?
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Debbie Watkin" <DebbieWatkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have already done this. There doesn't appear to be an Output Play slider.
> > All other sliders - speakers, microphone and rear input are all set to 100%
> > --
> > Debbie
> >

> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
> >> select Playback Devices. In the Playback window, highlight Speakers and
> >> press
> >> the Properties button. On the Levels tab, adjust the Output Play slider.
> >>

> >> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> >> GO BEARS!

Cal Bear '66

Re: Soundmax Driver sound VERY quiet
This is a laptop?

The only thing I can suggest is to go to HP Compaq's site and see if they have
updated drivers.

P.S. Never depend on Device Manager's Update Drivers search for the latest
drivers -- always go to your computer manufacturer's, motherboard's or device
manufacturer's sites for driver updates.

> HP Compaq DC7800 Internal speakers
> --
> Debbie
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Are the speakers connected to the correct audio adapter output ( not
>> headphone
>> output, for example) on your computer? Are the speakers self-powered or
>> connected to an amplifier? Are the speaker connections ok?
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Debbie Watkin" <DebbieWatkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Have already done this. There doesn't appear to be an Output Play slider.
>> > All other sliders - speakers, microphone and rear input are all set to 100%
>> > --
>> > Debbie

Cal Bear '66

Re: Soundmax Driver sound VERY quiet
Another thing...

Is this a new computer?

If so, have you considered returning it for a refund or a replacement?

New computers should not behave this way.

It could very well be a faulty component that you yourself can do nothing to
correct.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> This is a laptop?
>
> The only thing I can suggest is to go to HP Compaq's site and see if they have
> updated drivers.
>
> P.S. Never depend on Device Manager's Update Drivers search for the latest
> drivers -- always go to your computer manufacturer's, motherboard's or device
> manufacturer's sites for driver updates.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Debbie Watkin" <DebbieWatkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> HP Compaq DC7800 Internal speakers
>> --
>> Debbie
>>

>> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>>
>>> Are the speakers connected to the correct audio adapter output ( not
>>> headphone
>>> output, for example) on your computer? Are the speakers self-powered or
>>> connected to an amplifier? Are the speaker connections ok?
>>>

>>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>>> GO BEARS!

Deb_Buckerz

Re: Soundmax Driver sound VERY quiet
It is a new machine, desktop though and it works with external speakers.
Like you said maybe I need to go back to manufacturer. I have downloaded the
latest soundmax drivers from HP website for Vista. Thought it might be a
vista sound issue??

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Another thing...
>
> Is this a new computer?
>
> If so, have you considered returning it for a refund or a replacement?
>
> New computers should not behave this way.
>
> It could very well be a faulty component that you yourself can do nothing to
> correct.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> > This is a laptop?
> >
> > The only thing I can suggest is to go to HP Compaq's site and see if they have
> > updated drivers.
> >
> > P.S. Never depend on Device Manager's Update Drivers search for the latest
> > drivers -- always go to your computer manufacturer's, motherboard's or device
> > manufacturer's sites for driver updates.
> >

> > I Bleed Blue and Gold
> > GO BEARS!
> >

> > "Debbie Watkin" <DebbieWatkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> HP Compaq DC7800 Internal speakers
> >> --
> >> Debbie

Cal Bear '66

Re: Soundmax Driver sound VERY quiet
If works properly with external powered speakers?? Then you have no problem.
If you get very low volume with the external speaker's volume control fully
turned up, then there must be a problem with the circuitry of the desktop and a
driver will not help.

Are you referring to the low volume of sounds from the internal speaker?? Or
sounds from your monitor's speakers?

The internal speaker of a desktop is used for system event error alerts usually
during bootup only.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Deb_Buckerz" <DebBuckerz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It is a new machine, desktop though and it works with external speakers.
> Like you said maybe I need to go back to manufacturer. I have downloaded the
> latest soundmax drivers from HP website for Vista. Thought it might be a
> vista sound issue??
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Another thing...
>>
>> Is this a new computer?
>>
>> If so, have you considered returning it for a refund or a replacement?
>>
>> New computers should not behave this way.
>>
>> It could very well be a faulty component that you yourself can do nothing to
>> correct.
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>> > This is a laptop?
>> >
>> > The only thing I can suggest is to go to HP Compaq's site and see if they
>> > have
>> > updated drivers.
>> >
>> > P.S. Never depend on Device Manager's Update Drivers search for the latest
>> > drivers -- always go to your computer manufacturer's, motherboard's or
>> > device
>> > manufacturer's sites for driver updates.
>> >

>> > I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> > GO BEARS!

Deb_Buckerz

Re: Soundmax Driver sound VERY quiet
I am referring to low volume sound from internal speaker not from monitor
speakers. I have a HP DC7700 (the model prior to DC7800 with internal
speakers, albeit Realtek HD audio as opposed to Soundmax HD audio and the
sound works fine on that which suggested the driver to me. I can't hear any
sound on bootup either.