HD cable to floppy?

Anthony Marsh

HD cable to floppy?
My new computer did not come with any floppy drive and I never see any
need to install one since nothing done on floppies is not now done on
CD. So, I wonder if I can use that 34 pin connection on the motherboard
for something else. Does anyone know of an adapter cable to connect a
hard drive to the floppy socket? Any other types of drives like ZIP that
can connect where the floppy drive used to go?
PaulB

RE: HD cable to floppy?
That connector goes to a floppy controller. That is all that can be connected.
Sorry.
--
Paul

"Anthony Marsh" wrote:

> My new computer did not come with any floppy drive and I never see any
> need to install one since nothing done on floppies is not now done on
> CD. So, I wonder if I can use that 34 pin connection on the motherboard
> for something else. Does anyone know of an adapter cable to connect a
> hard drive to the floppy socket? Any other types of drives like ZIP that
> can connect where the floppy drive used to go?

GTS

Re: HD cable to floppy?
No. The only other device I've ever known (in 20+ years in IT) to use a
floppy connection were some old style tape drives. Floppy based tape drives
were too small a capacity to be of any current use and are not supported in
Windows XP or Vista in any case.
--
"Anthony Marsh" <anthony_marsh@comcast.net> wrote in message
> My new computer did not come with any floppy drive and I never see any
> need to install one since nothing done on floppies is not now done on CD.
> So, I wonder if I can use that 34 pin connection on the motherboard for
> something else. Does anyone know of an adapter cable to connect a hard
> drive to the floppy socket? Any other types of drives like ZIP that can
> connect where the floppy drive used to go?

Dustin Harper

Re: HD cable to floppy?
Nope. That is only for a floppy drive. Nothing else. It doesn't matter
if it just sits there unused. I haven't had to used a floppy in ages!

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com