ups battery systems--

ultimate d rich

ups battery systems--
in vista ultimate, when system boots, and i look at taskmanager, i see that
mainserve (the battery software) is using 60% of cpu cycles and 30 %of memory
can't figure out why i find myself shutting off the connection between the
battery and the system to reduce cpu load ..running vista ultimate, 1.6 ghz
athalon, 1.5 gig memory (help)
--
dandy richardson
Rabbit

Re: ups battery systems--
Driver issue? Did you install software or did Vista ask to find a driver?
Make/model of UPS?

I doubt 3rd party is needed, at least with APC and probably most more
popular brands.

"ultimate d rich" <ultimatedrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> in vista ultimate, when system boots, and i look at taskmanager, i see
> that
> mainserve (the battery software) is using 60% of cpu cycles and 30 %of
> memory
> can't figure out why i find myself shutting off the connection between
> the
> battery and the system to reduce cpu load ..running vista ultimate, 1.6
> ghz
> athalon, 1.5 gig memory (help)
> --
> dandy richardson

Michael Walraven

Re: ups battery systems--
For Vista a vender supplied driver/application is often required if the
interface is Serial, Vista dropped Serial UPS support.
Michael

"Rabbit" <white.rabbitt@alice.wonderland.com> wrote in message
> Driver issue? Did you install software or did Vista ask to find a driver?
> Make/model of UPS?
>

> I doubt 3rd party is needed, at least with APC and probably most more
> popular brands.
>

> "ultimate d rich" <ultimatedrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:B92604F5-6428-42DA-A892-55AD3476AC32@microsoft.com...
>> in vista ultimate, when system boots, and i look at taskmanager, i see
>> that
>> mainserve (the battery software) is using 60% of cpu cycles and 30 %of
>> memory
>> can't figure out why i find myself shutting off the connection between
>> the
>> battery and the system to reduce cpu load ..running vista ultimate, 1.6
>> ghz
>> athalon, 1.5 gig memory (help)
>> --
>> dandy richardson

ultimate d rich

Re: ups battery systems--
we're talking about an apc ups xs1200 with (vista)drivers signed by ms..usb
cable connection
--
dandy richardson

"Rabbit" wrote:

> Driver issue? Did you install software or did Vista ask to find a driver?
> Make/model of UPS?
>

> I doubt 3rd party is needed, at least with APC and probably most more
> popular brands.
>

> "ultimate d rich" <ultimatedrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > in vista ultimate, when system boots, and i look at taskmanager, i see
> > that
> > mainserve (the battery software) is using 60% of cpu cycles and 30 %of
> > memory
> > can't figure out why i find myself shutting off the connection between
> > the
> > battery and the system to reduce cpu load ..running vista ultimate, 1.6
> > ghz
> > athalon, 1.5 gig memory (help)
> > --
> > dandy richardson

Peter Lawton

Re: ups battery systems--
You could try the open source APC drivers http://www.apcupsd.org/

I find they work much better than the APC supplied ones and support a serial
UPS on 32bit and 64bit Vista

Peter Lawton

> we're talking about an apc ups xs1200 with (vista)drivers signed by
> ms..usb
> cable connection
> --
> dandy richardson
>

> "Rabbit" wrote:
>
>> Driver issue? Did you install software or did Vista ask to find a driver?
>> Make/model of UPS?
>>

>> I doubt 3rd party is needed, at least with APC and probably most more
>> popular brands.
>>

>> "ultimate d rich" <ultimatedrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > in vista ultimate, when system boots, and i look at taskmanager, i see
>> > that
>> > mainserve (the battery software) is using 60% of cpu cycles and 30 %of
>> > memory
>> > can't figure out why i find myself shutting off the connection between
>> > the
>> > battery and the system to reduce cpu load ..running vista ultimate,
>> > 1.6
>> > ghz
>> > athalon, 1.5 gig memory (help)
>> > --
>> > dandy richardson

Get better battery life with Vista Battery Saver BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 07-27-2007 13:12
iPhone. Ups... Paul Security News 0 07-13-2007 15:42
iPhone. Ups... Paul Security News 0 07-13-2007 14:07
Off the wire: Metasploit 3.0 doesn't pwn systems, black hats pwn systems Steve Security News 0 05-04-2007 16:34
UPS???? Some Guy in Kirkland microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 5 12-19-2006 20:11