WinTV-HVR-1800 AND NEW VISTA COMPUTER

Holly

WinTV-HVR-1800 AND NEW VISTA COMPUTER
I just got this computer saturday. The supposrt page that I was going to us
to email says my product ID is invalid...oh well.

What my issue is that Media center does not recognize this card. I have
downloaded from hauppauge there software WinTV and it works great so I know
the card is working and installed correctly.

How do I get Media Center to recognize it???
Michael Walraven

Re: WinTV-HVR-1800 AND NEW VISTA COMPUTER
Holly,

If your vista was purchased as part of the computer it is probably an OEM
version. Microsoft does not provide support for OEM versions, the
manufacturer of the computer provides the support (which is why MS sells it
cheap to the manufacturer). ID will have 'OEM' in it for an OEM version.

Cannot directly address your 1800 issue. I have Hauppage WinTV HVR-1600
NTSC/ATSC combo.
Actually have the reverse problem, Media Center is very happy with it, the
WinTV program doesn't work with it. I haven't been to Hauppage site lately
so might drop by again.

Michael

"Holly" <Holly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just got this computer saturday. The supposrt page that I was going to
> us
> to email says my product ID is invalid...oh well.
>
> What my issue is that Media center does not recognize this card. I have
> downloaded from hauppauge there software WinTV and it works great so I
> know
> the card is working and installed correctly.
>
> How do I get Media Center to recognize it???

Holly

Re: WinTV-HVR-1800 AND NEW VISTA COMPUTER
If HP gets there own version of Vista but it still updates through windows
update, I am confused.

"Michael Walraven" wrote:

> Holly,
>
> If your vista was purchased as part of the computer it is probably an OEM
> version. Microsoft does not provide support for OEM versions, the
> manufacturer of the computer provides the support (which is why MS sells it
> cheap to the manufacturer). ID will have 'OEM' in it for an OEM version.
>
> Cannot directly address your 1800 issue. I have Hauppage WinTV HVR-1600
> NTSC/ATSC combo.
> Actually have the reverse problem, Media Center is very happy with it, the
> WinTV program doesn't work with it. I haven't been to Hauppage site lately
> so might drop by again.
>
> Michael
>

> "Holly" <Holly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I just got this computer saturday. The supposrt page that I was going to
> > us
> > to email says my product ID is invalid...oh well.
> >
> > What my issue is that Media center does not recognize this card. I have
> > downloaded from hauppauge there software WinTV and it works great so I
> > know
> > the card is working and installed correctly.
> >
> > How do I get Media Center to recognize it???

JW

Re: WinTV-HVR-1800 AND NEW VISTA COMPUTER
Can you play a DVD in MC?
Did you install the 1800 card or did it come with the computer?
Which 1800 tuner(s) are you trying to use with MC and what is the sauce of
their signals?

"Holly" <Holly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just got this computer saturday. The supposrt page that I was going to us
> to email says my product ID is invalid...oh well.
>
> What my issue is that Media center does not recognize this card. I have
> downloaded from hauppauge there software WinTV and it works great so I
> know
> the card is working and installed correctly.
>
> How do I get Media Center to recognize it???

Michael Walraven

Re: WinTV-HVR-1800 AND NEW VISTA COMPUTER
Holly,
What you don't get on an OEM version is the phone and email support directly
from Microsoft, that comes from HP instead. All security and optional
updates are the same for both 'boxed' and OEM versions.

Also with the OEM versions that are 'optimized' for the particular large
manufacturer some tweaks are allowed by Microsoft to 'brand' the version.

> If HP gets there own version of Vista but it still updates through windows
> update, I am confused.
>
> "Michael Walraven" wrote:
>
>> Holly,
>>
>> If your vista was purchased as part of the computer it is probably an OEM
>> version. Microsoft does not provide support for OEM versions, the
>> manufacturer of the computer provides the support (which is why MS sells
>> it
>> cheap to the manufacturer). ID will have 'OEM' in it for an OEM version.
>>
>> Cannot directly address your 1800 issue. I have Hauppage WinTV HVR-1600
>> NTSC/ATSC combo.
>> Actually have the reverse problem, Media Center is very happy with it,
>> the
>> WinTV program doesn't work with it. I haven't been to Hauppage site
>> lately
>> so might drop by again.
>>
>> Michael
>>

>> "Holly" <Holly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I just got this computer saturday. The supposrt page that I was going
>> > us
>> > to email says my product ID is invalid...oh well.
>> >
>> > What my issue is that Media center does not recognize this card. I have
>> > downloaded from hauppauge there software WinTV and it works great so I
>> > know
>> > the card is working and installed correctly.
>> >
>> > How do I get Media Center to recognize it???

Cal Bear '66

Re: WinTV-HVR-1800 AND NEW VISTA COMPUTER
US WinTV-HVR-1800 drivers:

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...t_hvr1800.html

NOTE: Follow instructions to the letter (especially removing old drivers first
and rebooting when instructed during the installation procedure).

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Holly" <Holly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just got this computer saturday. The supposrt page that I was going to us
> to email says my product ID is invalid...oh well.
>
> What my issue is that Media center does not recognize this card. I have
> downloaded from hauppauge there software WinTV and it works great so I know
> the card is working and installed correctly.
>
> How do I get Media Center to recognize it???

ultimate d rich

Re: WinTV-HVR-1800 AND NEW VISTA COMPUTER
any valid copy of windows vista should update properly, wether oem or
retail--i also have a different win tv-hvr950 (usb flash-size)- no
problem--try the hauppague site
--
dandy richardson