Dell Inspiron 1420 Speakers not working

abby

Dell Inspiron 1420 Speakers not working
Hi,

i have Dell inspiron 1420 laptop, with windows vista home basic OS.
Inspite of trying all the alternatives to troubleshoot the problem, my
speakers are still not working.
Thogh the headphones are absolutely fine.
but only problem is with the main speakers.
By going thru Control Panel-->Sound-->Audio Devices, I cud see tat
everything was fine. The Speaker tab opened shhowing the message "This device
is working properly".
But still the speakers are not working.
Also checked the sound drivers, it was also not showing any yellow question
mark.
So i guess there is no problem with the drivers as well.
Also i checked all the possible volume options besides the clock and the
media player volumes , increased the volume to the amx limit, but still the
speakers are not functioning.

Kindly guide as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Kevin

Re: Dell Inspiron 1420 Speakers not working

"abby" <abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i have Dell inspiron 1420 laptop, with windows vista home basic OS.
> Inspite of trying all the alternatives to troubleshoot the problem, my
> speakers are still not working.
> Thogh the headphones are absolutely fine.
> but only problem is with the main speakers.
> By going thru Control Panel-->Sound-->Audio Devices, I cud see tat
> everything was fine. The Speaker tab opened shhowing the message "This
> device
> is working properly".
> But still the speakers are not working.
> Also checked the sound drivers, it was also not showing any yellow
> question
> mark.
> So i guess there is no problem with the drivers as well.
> Also i checked all the possible volume options besides the clock and the
> media player volumes , increased the volume to the amx limit, but still
> the
> speakers are not functioning.
>
> Kindly guide as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks.

Try Control Panel>Hardware and Sound and choose the Manage Audio Devices
option under Sound. Choose the Speakers applet and then the Configure
button. See if you can get the speakers to work there.

DellCA

abby;3302335 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have Dell inspiron 1420 laptop, with windows vista home basic OS.
> Inspite of trying all the alternatives to troubleshoot the problem, my
> speakers are still not working.
> Thogh the headphones are absolutely fine.
> but only problem is with the main speakers.
> By going thru Control Panel-->Sound-->Audio Devices, I cud see tat
> everything was fine. The Speaker tab opened shhowing the message "This
> device
> is working properly".
> But still the speakers are not working.
> Also checked the sound drivers, it was also not showing any yellow
> question
> mark.
> So i guess there is no problem with the drivers as well.
> Also i checked all the possible volume options besides the clock and
> the
> media player volumes , increased the volume to the amx limit, but still
> the
> speakers are not functioning.
>
> Kindly guide as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks.

Abby, did you ever get the problem with the internal speakers fixed?
If not I am able to help you get things taken care of.

Since the headphones work we know both the drivers and configuration
are good. This means the problem is with the speakers themselves,
which probably need to be replaced (or, at the least, the plug to the
motherboard needs to be reseated to make sure it is properly
connected).

Larry
Dell Customer Advocate

--
DellCA
DellCA's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=20193

http://forums.techarena.in

Anna H.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1420 Speakers not working

Hello,

I have Dell Inspiron 1420 with Windows Vista Home Edition. Recently I
have formated my laptop and reinstalled the whole system with the
drivers and programs. Right after that the audio system stopped
working.

Actually there was sound incoming from the laptop (for example, the
headphones were working), but the speakers/line out did not work. I
tried to reinstall Sigmatel STAC 92xx C-Major HD audio driver from the
original reinstallation CD, but while configuring the driver it
continously said "it is not the correct audio driver for this system.
The installed will now exit".

I tried to download from the Dell and Microsoft Vista websites, but
none of them worked. Now i have no sound device in the computer, neither
the speakers, nor the headphones work.

Please advise what to do.

Thank you in advance,
Anna H.

--
Anna H.
Anna H.'s Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/anna-h-.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

thegauntlet

Re: Dell Inspiron 1420 Speakers not working

I am having the same issue. My laptop came with Vista installed and the
speakers never worked. I went through a lot of tech support calls and no
one at Dell could get things working. they gave me the option of
sending it in but I didn't want to be withough it for 2 weeks. I rarely
use speakers. Yesterday I installed Ubuntu as a dual boot option and
the speakers worked just fine. So I am convinced this is a driver
issue.

--
thegauntlet