Cordless mouse

Rick

Cordless mouse
Sending this message again since you got the other problem figures out.

I bought a HP m9040n and HP w2207 monitor running Vista Premium Aero. It has
an cordless mouse and keyboard. Sometimes when I bring the computer and
screen out of sleep mode with the mouse the mouse seems to lockup. The
pointer stays in the middle of the screen and doesn't move while moving the
mouse. I can type on the keyboard and get letters to type. Thanks for help

Dustin Harper

Re: Cordless mouse
It sounds like the mouse didn't recover from the sleep mode. Is there a
"Connect" button on the bottom of the mouse? Sometimes, you can push
that and it will reconnect with the wireless receiver and begin working
again.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

Rick wrote:
> Sending this message again since you got the other problem figures out.
>
> I bought a HP m9040n and HP w2207 monitor running Vista Premium Aero. It
> has
> an cordless mouse and keyboard. Sometimes when I bring the computer and
> screen out of sleep mode with the mouse the mouse seems to lockup. The
> pointer stays in the middle of the screen and doesn't move while moving the
> mouse. I can type on the keyboard and get letters to type. Thanks for help

Rick

Re: Cordless mouse
Thanks Dustin, I've tried that. It doesn't do this all the time.

"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote in message
> It sounds like the mouse didn't recover from the sleep mode. Is there a
> "Connect" button on the bottom of the mouse? Sometimes, you can push that
> and it will reconnect with the wireless receiver and begin working again.
>

> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>

> Rick wrote:
>> Sending this message again since you got the other problem figures out.
>>
>> I bought a HP m9040n and HP w2207 monitor running Vista Premium Aero. It
>> has
>> an cordless mouse and keyboard. Sometimes when I bring the computer and
>> screen out of sleep mode with the mouse the mouse seems to lockup. The
>> pointer stays in the middle of the screen and doesn't move while moving
>> the
>> mouse. I can type on the keyboard and get letters to type. Thanks for
>> help

JimCinLA

Re: Cordless mouse
On Nov 10, 1:33 pm, "Rick" <rick...@urhere.net> wrote:
> Sending this message again since you got the other problem figures out.
>
> I bought aHPm9040nandHPw2207 monitor running Vista Premium Aero. It has
> an cordless mouse and keyboard. Sometimes when I bring the computer and
> screen out of sleep mode with the mouse the mouse seems to lockup. The
> pointer stays in the middle of the screen and doesn't move while moving the
> mouse. I can type on the keyboard and get letters to type. Thanks for help

Slightly off topic - does anyone know if the second VGA port, with a
blue
cover (at lower right when viewed from rear of computer) that says
"DO NOT REMOVE" is enabled? I tried plugging a monitor
into it for an extended desktop display and got nothing on the
second monitor.

But their settings (Control Panel -> Personalization -> Display
Settings)
do show a second monitor. That is, two displays with IDs 1 and 2 are
displayed. Do I have to move a jumper or something?