Driver Errors & Hot Fix Malfunction

Vague NYC

Driver Errors & Hot Fix Malfunction
hello, like several others i have been having problems getting Vista to
acknowledge or install USB devices. i'm asked to locate the drivers for my
devices and even when i do vista won't accept them.

i've downloaded all the vista updates for my products from their respective
websites and still vista won't recognize any of them.

a Microsoft update pop up window directed me to their Hot Fix page stating
that they acknowledge there are driver recognition issues with Vista and the
hot fix should work for the specified problem. microsoft sent me the link, i
downloaded it and tried to run it on my laptop but the exe asks for
additional volumes as it is a "multidisk" installation. i e-mailed microsoft
asking them for the additional links or volumes to their hot fix and they
have been of no help at all asking me to contact the manufacturer of my
laptop (toshiba) who of course in turn told me the problem isn't their
responsibility and that i should contact the 3rd party manufacturers who have
already provided me with driver updates that windows vista still won't
recognize.

i've spent several grand on a new laptop and musical equipment none of which
i can use as long as these driver and compatibility issues with vista cont.

is there any help at all? suggestions, work arounds or downloads?

thanks for any help offered.
Elliott

RE: Driver Errors & Hot Fix Malfunction
I had a similar problem and ran an upgrade using my original Vista disk. Then
I gor a Code 12 on the standard OpenHCD USB controller. Here a link to others
who have the same problem, we're trying to find a solution too:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...1-3642721fd1c6

Since you just purchased your machine, you can email support directly and
give them this link. With this many people experiencing the same problem,
maybe we can get a resolution.

Thanks

"Vague NYC" wrote:

> hello, like several others i have been having problems getting Vista to
> acknowledge or install USB devices. i'm asked to locate the drivers for my
> devices and even when i do vista won't accept them.
>
> i've downloaded all the vista updates for my products from their respective
> websites and still vista won't recognize any of them.
>
> a Microsoft update pop up window directed me to their Hot Fix page stating
> that they acknowledge there are driver recognition issues with Vista and the
> hot fix should work for the specified problem. microsoft sent me the link, i
> downloaded it and tried to run it on my laptop but the exe asks for
> additional volumes as it is a "multidisk" installation. i e-mailed microsoft
> asking them for the additional links or volumes to their hot fix and they
> have been of no help at all asking me to contact the manufacturer of my
> laptop (toshiba) who of course in turn told me the problem isn't their
> responsibility and that i should contact the 3rd party manufacturers who have
> already provided me with driver updates that windows vista still won't
> recognize.
>
> i've spent several grand on a new laptop and musical equipment none of which
> i can use as long as these driver and compatibility issues with vista cont.
>
> is there any help at all? suggestions, work arounds or downloads?
>
> thanks for any help offered.

Elliott

RE: Driver Errors & Hot Fix Malfunction
Solution by LG