Dual Core problem, plz respond

Bachag

Dual Core problem, plz respond
Hey,

I have posted earlier about an ACPI driver error but now I noticed another
problem.

"Bachag said:
I have a Toshiba P105-6227 laptop. I was trying to update my ACPI driver. So
I clicked on let me chose from a list. It was called "ACPI x86-based
computer" and now it's called "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
(ACPI) PC". I can't get the first driver, and now my "Texas Instruments OHCI
Compliant IEEE 1394", "Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia
Controller", and my "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller" are not
working: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code
12)."

In my device manager, my computer detects the Intel Core 2 CPU but only one
is actually working. My computer is very slow and it only works on 1
processor.

Is there a way I can fix all this?
Does reinstalling Windows Vista fix those issues?

Thank you,
Gab
Tom Ferguson

Re: Dual Core problem, plz respond
Check Backup and Restore Center. Select the option to use System Restore.
Check for a date previous to the changes.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"Bachag" <Bachag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
>
> I have posted earlier about an ACPI driver error but now I noticed
> another
> problem.
>
> "Bachag said:
> I have a Toshiba P105-6227 laptop. I was trying to update my ACPI
> driver. So
> I clicked on let me chose from a list. It was called "ACPI x86-based
> computer" and now it's called "Advanced Configuration and Power
> Interface
> (ACPI) PC". I can't get the first driver, and now my "Texas Instruments
> OHCI
> Compliant IEEE 1394", "Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia
> Controller", and my "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller" are not
> working: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use.
> (Code
> 12)."
>
> In my device manager, my computer detects the Intel Core 2 CPU but only
> one
> is actually working. My computer is very slow and it only works on 1
> processor.
>
> Is there a way I can fix all this?
> Does reinstalling Windows Vista fix those issues?
>
> Thank you,
> Gab

Bachag

Re: Dual Core problem, plz respond
I can't roll back or uninstall this driver... All I can do is update it and I
can't update it back to ACPI x86-based computer

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

> Check Backup and Restore Center. Select the option to use System Restore.
> Check for a date previous to the changes.
>
> Tom
> MSMVP 1998-2007
>
> "Bachag" <Bachag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey,
> >
> > I have posted earlier about an ACPI driver error but now I noticed
> > another
> > problem.
> >
> > "Bachag said:
> > I have a Toshiba P105-6227 laptop. I was trying to update my ACPI
> > driver. So
> > I clicked on let me chose from a list. It was called "ACPI x86-based
> > computer" and now it's called "Advanced Configuration and Power
> > Interface
> > (ACPI) PC". I can't get the first driver, and now my "Texas Instruments
> > OHCI
> > Compliant IEEE 1394", "Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia
> > Controller", and my "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller" are not
> > working: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use.
> > (Code
> > 12)."
> >
> > In my device manager, my computer detects the Intel Core 2 CPU but only
> > one
> > is actually working. My computer is very slow and it only works on 1
> > processor.
> >
> > Is there a way I can fix all this?
> > Does reinstalling Windows Vista fix those issues?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Gab

Tom Ferguson

Re: Dual Core problem, plz respond
Interesting but totally irrelevant to what I suggested.

Navigate to Control Panel Backup and Restore Center Use system
restore...

It is possible that there are no appropriate restore points available but
first you have to actually look.

>I can't roll back or uninstall this driver... All I can do is update it
>and I
> can't update it back to ACPI x86-based computer
>
> "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> Check Backup and Restore Center. Select the option to use System
>> Restore.
>> Check for a date previous to the changes.
>>
>> Tom
>> MSMVP 1998-2007
>>
>> "Bachag" <Bachag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hey,
>> >
>> > I have posted earlier about an ACPI driver error but now I noticed
>> > another
>> > problem.
>> >
>> > "Bachag said:
>> > I have a Toshiba P105-6227 laptop. I was trying to update my ACPI
>> > driver. So
>> > I clicked on let me chose from a list. It was called "ACPI x86-based
>> > computer" and now it's called "Advanced Configuration and Power
>> > Interface
>> > (ACPI) PC". I can't get the first driver, and now my "Texas
>> > Instruments
>> > OHCI
>> > Compliant IEEE 1394", "Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated
>> > FlashMedia
>> > Controller", and my "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller" are
>> > not
>> > working: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can
>> > use.
>> > (Code
>> > 12)."
>> >
>> > In my device manager, my computer detects the Intel Core 2 CPU but
>> > only
>> > one
>> > is actually working. My computer is very slow and it only works on 1
>> > processor.
>> >
>> > Is there a way I can fix all this?
>> > Does reinstalling Windows Vista fix those issues?
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> > Gab

Bachag

Re: Dual Core problem, plz respond
Sorry, you're right, I just realized that. However, I did try to use system
restore after that happened directly but all my restore points were erased
for some reason.

Hmmm... My laptop is giving me such a hard time..

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

> Interesting but totally irrelevant to what I suggested.
>
> Navigate to Control Panel Backup and Restore Center Use system
> restore...
>
> It is possible that there are no appropriate restore points available but
> first you have to actually look.
>
> Tom
> MSMVP 1998-2007
>
> "Bachag" <Bachag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can't roll back or uninstall this driver... All I can do is update it
> >and I
> > can't update it back to ACPI x86-based computer
> >
> > "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> Check Backup and Restore Center. Select the option to use System
> >> Restore.
> >> Check for a date previous to the changes.
> >>
> >> Tom
> >> MSMVP 1998-2007

Tom Ferguson

Re: Dual Core problem, plz respond
OK, that option is not available to you. Next, I would back up whatever
data is important or useful and see if I could press the appropriate keys
at boot-up to reset the notebook back to its factory-issued state. This
makes use of the backup partition on the HD.

Also, I wonder if multi-core processing is deselected in the BIOS setup.

> Sorry, you're right, I just realized that. However, I did try to use
> system
> restore after that happened directly but all my restore points were
> erased
> for some reason.
>
> Hmmm... My laptop is giving me such a hard time..
>

> "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> Interesting but totally irrelevant to what I suggested.
>>
>> Navigate to Control Panel Backup and Restore Center Use
>> system
>> restore...
>>
>> It is possible that there are no appropriate restore points available
>> but
>> first you have to actually look.
>>
>> Tom
>> MSMVP 1998-2007
>>
>> "Bachag" <Bachag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I can't roll back or uninstall this driver... All I can do is update
>> >it
>> >and I
>> > can't update it back to ACPI x86-based computer

Bachag

Re: Dual Core problem, plz respond
Multi-core is enabled but in system properties / environmental variables / No
of processors is 1... I changed it to 2 but it doesn't apply after a restart.
Where can I find the key combination to reset the noteback back to its
factory setting?

thanks for your replies

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

> OK, that option is not available to you. Next, I would back up whatever
> data is important or useful and see if I could press the appropriate keys
> at boot-up to reset the notebook back to its factory-issued state. This
> makes use of the backup partition on the HD.
>
> Also, I wonder if multi-core processing is deselected in the BIOS setup.
>
> Tom
> MSMVP 1998-2007
>
> "Bachag" <Bachag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry, you're right, I just realized that. However, I did try to use
> > system
> > restore after that happened directly but all my restore points were
> > erased
> > for some reason.
> >
> > Hmmm... My laptop is giving me such a hard time..
> >

> > "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> Interesting but totally irrelevant to what I suggested.
> >>
> >> Navigate to Control Panel Backup and Restore Center Use
> >> system
> >> restore...
> >>
> >> It is possible that there are no appropriate restore points available
> >> but
> >> first you have to actually look.
> >>
> >> Tom
> >> MSMVP 1998-2007

Tom Ferguson

Re: Dual Core problem, plz respond
Try checking the FAQs on the Toshiba web site.

> Multi-core is enabled but in system properties / environmental
> variables / No
> of processors is 1... I changed it to 2 but it doesn't apply after a
> restart.
> Where can I find the key combination to reset the noteback back to its
> factory setting?
>
> thanks for your replies
>
> "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> OK, that option is not available to you. Next, I would back up
>> whatever
>> data is important or useful and see if I could press the appropriate
>> keys
>> at boot-up to reset the notebook back to its factory-issued state.
>> This
>> makes use of the backup partition on the HD.
>>
>> Also, I wonder if multi-core processing is deselected in the BIOS
>> setup.
>>
>> Tom
>> MSMVP 1998-2007
>>
>> "Bachag" <Bachag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sorry, you're right, I just realized that. However, I did try to use
>> > system
>> > restore after that happened directly but all my restore points were
>> > erased
>> > for some reason.
>> >
>> > Hmmm... My laptop is giving me such a hard time..

Elliott

RE: Dual Core problem, plz respond
Code 12 problems have hit alot of us, see:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...1-3642721fd1c6

As far as the dual core, have you checked the Intel website? I'm running an
AMD dual core and found that AMD had posted a load balancing utility for its
dual core processor on its website and found no other reference to it
anywhere else.

"Bachag" wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have posted earlier about an ACPI driver error but now I noticed another
> problem.
>
> "Bachag said:
> I have a Toshiba P105-6227 laptop. I was trying to update my ACPI driver. So
> I clicked on let me chose from a list. It was called "ACPI x86-based
> computer" and now it's called "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
> (ACPI) PC". I can't get the first driver, and now my "Texas Instruments OHCI
> Compliant IEEE 1394", "Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia
> Controller", and my "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller" are not
> working: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code
> 12)."
>
> In my device manager, my computer detects the Intel Core 2 CPU but only one
> is actually working. My computer is very slow and it only works on 1
> processor.
>
> Is there a way I can fix all this?
> Does reinstalling Windows Vista fix those issues?
>
> Thank you,
> Gab

Pete138

Re: Dual Core problem, plz respond

Go to Device Manager, double click on "Advanced Configuration and Power
Interface (ACPI) PC", go to driver, then update driver, Browse my
Computer for driver software, then "let me pick from a list of device
drivers on my pc" and then select: "ACPI x86-based pc"

Let windows install the software and restart.

--
Pete138
Pete138's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21959

http://forums.techarena.in