Help! TV tuner not installed! (Windows Media Center- Vista)

Toby

Help! TV tuner not installed! (Windows Media Center- Vista)
Hi all,

After 5-6 weeks of working perfectly, Media Center has started to display a
"TV tuner not installed" whenever I try to watch live TV. This all started
when I had to forcibly reboot my computer following a screen freeze, meaning
I had to reboot my system from a CD and 'repair the computer'.

Problems started as soon as I got it working again after that event. First
of all, a new warning sign popped up whenever I started up my computer
saying that the MCECIConsole application could not be found. Does anyone
know what that is?

As for the TV tuner (DTV-DVB 3071 PCIe Capture Device), I have reinstalled
both the hardware and software and my computer recognises it in the device
manager - so no problem there. I have also updated my NVIDIA drivers and and
Windows Media Center itself. Still I am having the same problem and I'm
totally stuck. I should also add that when I try and run my TV software
"DigitalTV" it simply comes up with "DigitalTV MFC Application has stopped
working".

Please help!

freddy_guevara@yahoo.com

Re: Help! TV tuner not installed! (Windows Media Center- Vista)
On Nov 10, 9:26 am, "Toby" <tob...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After 5-6 weeks of working perfectly, Media Center has started to display a
> "TV tuner not installed" whenever I try to watch live TV. This all started
> when I had to forcibly reboot my computer following a screen freeze, meaning
> I had to reboot my system from a CD and 'repair the computer'.
>
> Problems started as soon as I got it working again after that event. First
> of all, a new warning sign popped up whenever I started up my computer
> saying that the MCECIConsole application could not be found. Does anyone
> know what that is?
>
> As for the TV tuner (DTV-DVB 3071 PCIe Capture Device), I have reinstalled
> both the hardware and software and my computer recognises it in the device
> manager - so no problem there. I have also updated my NVIDIA drivers and and
> Windows Media Center itself. Still I am having the same problem and I'm
> totally stuck. I should also add that when I try and run my TV software
> "DigitalTV" it simply comes up with "DigitalTV MFC Application has stopped
> working".
>
> Please help!

Hi Toby, I had exactly the same problem and followed the instructions
in this link:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...reg_R1002_USEN

In my case, the Service called "Windows Media Center Receiver Service"
was not in Local System Account, so I changed that as stated in the
instructions and problem resolved !!
btw, the instructions say that you have to reboot after the change is
made, but you can try to start it manually (in the General tab). That
worked for me.

Good luck.
Freddy