Windows Failed to Start! Confused out of my mind!

Tiffany87

Windows Failed to Start! Confused out of my mind!
Hello, trying to find a a place to get help with vista.

Heres the situation on my laptop. I did something you shouldn't do earlier
today. I was in a hurry and held the Power Button until the pc shut off.
Instead of shutting down properly, i know.

Now hours later i tried to boot up and now i get this error. I have windows
vista home premium 32bit.

"WINDOWS FAILED TO START. A RECENT HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE CHANGE MIGHT BE THE
CAUSE..."

Then it lists options like "last good configuration or safe mode" Ive tried
them all. Also, as the computer attempts to restart with the green vista bar
moving back and forth. i get a blue flash before that error. But the flash is
so fast i have no idea what Blue screen error it is.

I've tried entering system recovery by pressing f11 like hp says right
before startup. Not working.

I've also tried booting my Windows vista upgrade CD. The computer tells me
its loading windows files, and the bar loads. I get no options after the
that.

I am lost, confused and SCARED. this is a Hp 2125nr laptop less than a year
old. how on earth does this happen by turning it off wrong. and if things
wern't worse, all my attempts to start fresh and reinstal windows or repair
windows has failed. and it wont enter system recovery. so im lost. PLEASE i
need a miracle.

If you cannot help me with the problem at hand, please please suggest a
place i should go online for help. I couldnt find the support with Microsoft
i could use to get live help. I am not a newbie, im usually pretty good with
do it yourself and i usually can figure out any problem without help. But in
this case i did something stupid by shutting off pc wrong, but who would ever
ever expect this to come of it????

Please help me someone out there. lol
FigN64

RE: Windows Failed to Start! Confused out of my mind!
If you have a progam like Spinrite 6 you should check and see if the phyical
hard drive is ok. If it checks out ok and you can afford to loose all data on
your drive I would repartition your hard drive and reformat. If you can't get
into windows to do this you can use something like Gpart which is a bootable
partition manager. This would be my last choice of course because you will
loose everything on yoour hard drive. After you do that you should be able to
reinstall Windows. I had something close to this problem with XP. I was
trying to install and it would get to the screen where it was decting
hardware and just stay there for ever. I took out the hard drive and put it
into another machine repartitioned and reformated. I put the hard drive back
in and all was good.
Please use this advice at your own risk.