Windows Experiance Index

Rick

Windows Experiance Index
I bought an hp Pavilion m9040n with a w2207 monitor with Vista Aero and
Nvidia GeForce 8400GS (256MB) installed. In my Windows Experience index
shows my graphics at 3.5 and my gaming graphics at 4.3. The other 3 are
in the high 5's. What can be done to improve these scores for graphics?
Add memory to my Nvidia card (is that possible) add memory to my
motherboard (it all ready has 3GB) or replace the graphics card (what
model and what do you think it will increase the index score? Thanks

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: Windows Experiance Index
Upgrade the device with lowest score, but I wouldn't look much into it.
Upgrade only if you need to for a genuine specific reason. The experience
index is generally a feature for PC OEMs to determine value and skus they
want to deliver to consumers and give consumers chance to make an easier
decision to buy a PC that fits their needs.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"Rick" <rickluc@urhere.net> wrote in message
>I bought an hp Pavilion m9040n with a w2207 monitor with Vista Aero and
> Nvidia GeForce 8400GS (256MB) installed. In my Windows Experience index
> shows my graphics at 3.5 and my gaming graphics at 4.3. The other 3 are
> in the high 5's. What can be done to improve these scores for graphics?
> Add memory to my Nvidia card (is that possible) add memory to my
> motherboard (it all ready has 3GB) or replace the graphics card (what
> model and what do you think it will increase the index score? Thanks

Rafael Carminatti

Re: Windows Experiance Index
You would need to upgrade your graphic card. I got 2 XFX GeForce 8600GT on
SLI and a 5.9 and 5.6 score for graphic and gaming graphic respectively. I
would recommend a 8800GT.

"Rick" <rickluc@urhere.net> wrote in message
>I bought an hp Pavilion m9040n with a w2207 monitor with Vista Aero and
> Nvidia GeForce 8400GS (256MB) installed. In my Windows Experience index
> shows my graphics at 3.5 and my gaming graphics at 4.3. The other 3 are
> in the high 5's. What can be done to improve these scores for graphics?
> Add memory to my Nvidia card (is that possible) add memory to my
> motherboard (it all ready has 3GB) or replace the graphics card (what
> model and what do you think it will increase the index score? Thanks

Rick

Re: Windows Experiance Index
I'm ting to this string so I won't lose it. I can't see any of my messages
on these newsgroup. I can only find them as a RE:. In fact there is a lot of
messages from other people that only show up as a RE:. The original senders
message dosen't show up. What goes? Thanks
"Rafael Carminatti" <rafaelcarminatti@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> You would need to upgrade your graphic card. I got 2 XFX GeForce 8600GT on
> SLI and a 5.9 and 5.6 score for graphic and gaming graphic respectively. I
> would recommend a 8800GT.
>
> "Rick" <rickluc@urhere.net> wrote in message
>>I bought an hp Pavilion m9040n with a w2207 monitor with Vista Aero and
>> Nvidia GeForce 8400GS (256MB) installed. In my Windows Experience index
>> shows my graphics at 3.5 and my gaming graphics at 4.3. The other 3 are
>> in the high 5's. What can be done to improve these scores for graphics?
>> Add memory to my Nvidia card (is that possible) add memory to my
>> motherboard (it all ready has 3GB) or replace the graphics card (what
>> model and what do you think it will increase the index score? Thanks

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: Windows Experiance Index
Are you using the web based interface or a newsgroup client such as Mozilla
Thunderbird or Windows Mail?
--
> I'm ting to this string so I won't lose it. I can't see any of my messages
> on these newsgroup. I can only find them as a RE:. In fact there is a lot
> of messages from other people that only show up as a RE:. The original
> senders message dosen't show up. What goes? Thanks
> "Rafael Carminatti" <rafaelcarminatti@terra.com.br> wrote in message
>> You would need to upgrade your graphic card. I got 2 XFX GeForce 8600GT
>> on SLI and a 5.9 and 5.6 score for graphic and gaming graphic
>> respectively. I would recommend a 8800GT.
>>
>> "Rick" <rickluc@urhere.net> wrote in message
>>>I bought an hp Pavilion m9040n with a w2207 monitor with Vista Aero and
>>> Nvidia GeForce 8400GS (256MB) installed. In my Windows Experience index
>>> shows my graphics at 3.5 and my gaming graphics at 4.3. The other 3 are
>>> in the high 5's. What can be done to improve these scores for graphics?
>>> Add memory to my Nvidia card (is that possible) add memory to my
>>> motherboard (it all ready has 3GB) or replace the graphics card (what
>>> model and what do you think it will increase the index score? Thanks

Alias

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin] wrote:
> Are you using the web based interface or a newsgroup client such as Mozilla
> Thunderbird or Windows Mail?

His headers say Windows Fail.

--
Alias

To email me, remove shoes
Dwarf

RE: Windows Experiance Index
Hi Rick,

The reason why your WEI graphics scores are low is because the 8400GS only
has a 64-bit interface. In contrast, my figures show Graphics 5.9 and Gaming
Graphics 5.1. This is with a 7600GT with a 128-bit interface. For your
information, the next graphics card with a higher specification than yours is
the 8500GT. This has a 128-bit interface.
Dwarf

"Rick" wrote:

> I bought an hp Pavilion m9040n with a w2207 monitor with Vista Aero and
> Nvidia GeForce 8400GS (256MB) installed. In my Windows Experience index
> shows my graphics at 3.5 and my gaming graphics at 4.3. The other 3 are
> in the high 5's. What can be done to improve these scores for graphics?
> Add memory to my Nvidia card (is that possible) add memory to my
> motherboard (it all ready has 3GB) or replace the graphics card (what
> model and what do you think it will increase the index score? Thanks

Rick

Re: Windows Experiance Index
Windows mail
"Alias" <iamalias@gmailshoes.com> wrote in message
> Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin] wrote:
>> Are you using the web based interface or a newsgroup client such as
>> Mozilla Thunderbird or Windows Mail?

> His headers say Windows Fail.
>
> --
> Alias
>
> To email me, remove shoes

Alias

Rick wrote:
> Windows mail
> "Alias" <iamalias@gmailshoes.com> wrote in message
>> Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin] wrote:
>>> Are you using the web based interface or a newsgroup client such as
>>> Mozilla Thunderbird or Windows Mail?

>> His headers say Windows Fail.

Yep, that's the one that fails. Try configuring it so you bottom post
instead of top posting please.

--
Alias

To email me, remove shoes
Frank

Alias wrote:

> Rick wrote:
>
>> Windows mail
>> "Alias" <iamalias@gmailshoes.com> wrote in message

>>> His headers say Windows Fail.
>>>

> Yep, that's the one that fails. Try configuring it so you bottom post
> instead of top posting please.

No! He doesn't have to do that. Top posting is just fine. If you don't
like it just leave...lol!
Frank