ACPI Driver error

Bachag

ACPI Driver error
Hey,

I have a Toshiba P105-6227 laptop. I was trying to update my ACPI driver. So
I clicked on let me chose from a list. It was called "ACPI x86-based
computer" and now it's called "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
(ACPI) PC". I can't get the first driver, and now my "Texas Instruments OHCI
Compliant IEEE 1394", "Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia
Controller", and my "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller" are not
working: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code
12).

Is there a way I can fix this error? Thx

peter

Re: ACPI Driver error
Try rolling the driver back
Control Panel/Device Manager........expand Computer...right click the ACPI
device...drivers tab....rollback.
peter
"Bachag" <Bachag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
>
> I have a Toshiba P105-6227 laptop. I was trying to update my ACPI driver.
> So
> I clicked on let me chose from a list. It was called "ACPI x86-based
> computer" and now it's called "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
> (ACPI) PC". I can't get the first driver, and now my "Texas Instruments
> OHCI
> Compliant IEEE 1394", "Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia
> Controller", and my "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller" are not
> working: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use.
> (Code
> 12).
>
> Is there a way I can fix this error? Thx

Bachag

Re: ACPI Driver error
Thx for your fast reply; however, I can't roll back the driver and I can't
uninstall it from the device manager. All I can do is update it, but I don't
have the first driver, not even if I chose from the list.

"peter" wrote:

> Try rolling the driver back
> Control Panel/Device Manager........expand Computer...right click the ACPI
> device...drivers tab....rollback.
> peter
> "Bachag" <Bachag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey,
> >
> > I have a Toshiba P105-6227 laptop. I was trying to update my ACPI driver.
> > So
> > I clicked on let me chose from a list. It was called "ACPI x86-based
> > computer" and now it's called "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
> > (ACPI) PC". I can't get the first driver, and now my "Texas Instruments
> > OHCI
> > Compliant IEEE 1394", "Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia
> > Controller", and my "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller" are not
> > working: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use.
> > (Code
> > 12).
> >
> > Is there a way I can fix this error? Thx

Sto

Re: ACPI Driver error
Hey,

I have the similar issue with my ACPI as well. I changed my computer from
Standard (which uses duo core) to ACPI (which only uses one core). I did this
in hopes of better performance on gaming, but using a single core has slowed
my computer down considerably. I read online that I can rollback the device
anytime I wanted, but found out that that's not true. ACPI driver does not
let me rollback or uninstall.

Is there a way I can go back to standard or ACPI multicore?

help will be greatly appreciated

Thx

"Bachag" wrote:

> Thx for your fast reply; however, I can't roll back the driver and I can't
> uninstall it from the device manager. All I can do is update it, but I don't
> have the first driver, not even if I chose from the list.
>

> "peter" wrote:
>
> > Try rolling the driver back
> > Control Panel/Device Manager........expand Computer...right click the ACPI
> > device...drivers tab....rollback.
> > peter
> > "Bachag" <Bachag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > I have a Toshiba P105-6227 laptop. I was trying to update my ACPI driver.
> > > So
> > > I clicked on let me chose from a list. It was called "ACPI x86-based
> > > computer" and now it's called "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
> > > (ACPI) PC". I can't get the first driver, and now my "Texas Instruments
> > > OHCI
> > > Compliant IEEE 1394", "Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia
> > > Controller", and my "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller" are not
> > > working: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use.
> > > (Code
> > > 12).
> > >
> > > Is there a way I can fix this error? Thx

Elliott

RE: ACPI Driver error
There's a rash of code 12's recently. Subscribe to:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...1-3642721fd1c6

May help to get some answers

"Bachag" wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have a Toshiba P105-6227 laptop. I was trying to update my ACPI driver. So
> I clicked on let me chose from a list. It was called "ACPI x86-based
> computer" and now it's called "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
> (ACPI) PC". I can't get the first driver, and now my "Texas Instruments OHCI
> Compliant IEEE 1394", "Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia
> Controller", and my "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller" are not
> working: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code
> 12).
>
> Is there a way I can fix this error? Thx

Elliott

RE: ACPI Driver error
There is another post regarding ACPI with a possible solution, see:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...a-843afa6cca06

"Elliott" wrote:

> There's a rash of code 12's recently. Subscribe to:
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...1-3642721fd1c6
>
> May help to get some answers
>
> "Bachag" wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > I have a Toshiba P105-6227 laptop. I was trying to update my ACPI driver. So
> > I clicked on let me chose from a list. It was called "ACPI x86-based
> > computer" and now it's called "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
> > (ACPI) PC". I can't get the first driver, and now my "Texas Instruments OHCI
> > Compliant IEEE 1394", "Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia
> > Controller", and my "SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller" are not
> > working: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code
> > 12).
> >
> > Is there a way I can fix this error? Thx

Elliott

RE: ACPI Driver error
Solution by LG - BAD ATI driver update

See: