vista not reading olympus dig-camera

Johnny B

vista not reading olympus dig-camera
Hi guys,

For some odd reason my new Olympus Stylus 760 is not bein picked up by
Vista. Its working fine on my son's Win XP Pro and even the stores Windows
Vista is all good. Nothing comes up when I plug the camera into the USB, on
camera it just sais "One Moment" but nothing comes up... When trying to
update the driver for the camera (its not even on olympus website) just from
device manager, it gives me the following error;

"Windows found driver software for your dvice but encountered an error while
attempting to install it"
OLYMPUS USB Digital Camera 0118

The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact your
hardware vendor.

Any help wud be greaaaatly appreciated, this was a brand new gift from my
wife & kids for my bday

Richard G. Harper

Re: vista not reading olympus dig-camera
The first thing to do would be to check with Olympus and see if they have
support or drivers for Windows Vista.

"Johnny B" <Johnny B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
>
> For some odd reason my new Olympus Stylus 760 is not bein picked up by
> Vista. Its working fine on my son's Win XP Pro and even the stores Windows
> Vista is all good. Nothing comes up when I plug the camera into the USB,
> on
> camera it just sais "One Moment" but nothing comes up... When trying to
> update the driver for the camera (its not even on olympus website) just
> from
> device manager, it gives me the following error;
>
> "Windows found driver software for your dvice but encountered an error
> while
> attempting to install it"
> OLYMPUS USB Digital Camera 0118
>
> The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
> This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact
> your
> hardware vendor.
>
> Any help wud be greaaaatly appreciated, this was a brand new gift from my
> wife & kids for my bday

Addyhash

Re: vista not reading olympus dig-camera

How did u go Johhny?

I myself have just bough an olympus fe-280, and get the same error message.
I have contacted olympus, and they say its a windows vista fault not
recognising plug and play devices, and because the camera is plug and play,
they wont be releasing a driver for it.
Might make a good doorstop or paperweight maybe.
Just wanted to see how u went

Let me know, Addyhash.
"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> The first thing to do would be to check with Olympus and see if they have
> support or drivers for Windows Vista.

> "Johnny B" <Johnny B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > For some odd reason my new Olympus Stylus 760 is not bein picked up by
> > Vista. Its working fine on my son's Win XP Pro and even the stores Windows
> > Vista is all good. Nothing comes up when I plug the camera into the USB,
> > on
> > camera it just sais "One Moment" but nothing comes up... When trying to
> > update the driver for the camera (its not even on olympus website) just
> > from
> > device manager, it gives me the following error;
> >
> > "Windows found driver software for your dvice but encountered an error
> > while
> > attempting to install it"
> > OLYMPUS USB Digital Camera 0118
> >
> > The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
> > This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact
> > your
> > hardware vendor.
> >
> > Any help wud be greaaaatly appreciated, this was a brand new gift from my
> > wife & kids for my bday

Addyhash

Re: vista not reading olympus dig-camera
djrm Found a fix at last!

Click "Locate and install drivers software (recommended)" then "I dont have
the disc show me other options" then "Browse my computer for driver software
(advanced)" Chose the location "C:\Windows" and make sure the "include
subfolders" is ticked. BINGO

Works with all hardware (well it should do)

"Addyhash" wrote:

> How did u go Johhny?
>
> I myself have just bough an olympus fe-280, and get the same error message.
> I have contacted olympus, and they say its a windows vista fault not
> recognising plug and play devices, and because the camera is plug and play,
> they wont be releasing a driver for it.
> Might make a good doorstop or paperweight maybe.
> Just wanted to see how u went
>
> Let me know, Addyhash.
> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
> > The first thing to do would be to check with Olympus and see if they have
> > support or drivers for Windows Vista.
> >
> > --
> > Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
> > * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
> > * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
> > * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
> > * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >

> > "Johnny B" <Johnny B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > For some odd reason my new Olympus Stylus 760 is not bein picked up by
> > > Vista. Its working fine on my son's Win XP Pro and even the stores Windows
> > > Vista is all good. Nothing comes up when I plug the camera into the USB,
> > > on
> > > camera it just sais "One Moment" but nothing comes up... When trying to
> > > update the driver for the camera (its not even on olympus website) just
> > > from
> > > device manager, it gives me the following error;
> > >
> > > "Windows found driver software for your dvice but encountered an error
> > > while
> > > attempting to install it"
> > > OLYMPUS USB Digital Camera 0118
> > >
> > > The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
> > > This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact
> > > your
> > > hardware vendor.
> > >
> > > Any help wud be greaaaatly appreciated, this was a brand new gift from my
> > > wife & kids for my bday

Johnny B

Re: vista not reading olympus dig-camera
what do you mean click "locate and install drivers software (recommended)" I
do not get any pop up or msg when I plug the camera in.. so yeah Im sort of
lost ;( Where to go, u seem tohave it figured out addy hash
Peter M

Re: vista not reading olympus dig-camera
Maybe it's a problem with your usb ports... I just plug mine in and I get a
new drive letter in explorer and then I just copy the files to a hard drive
folder. No driver is needed for the camera. Download and install the latest
motherboard/usb drivers for your computer. Should be on the makers website
or at least a link to latest drivers.