New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007

Cal Bear '66

New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007
New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Jack

Re: New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007
Thanks for the information but for some reason I can't install the new
driver.

If anyone can tell me why, I would appreciate knowing.

My OS is Vista Ultimate 64 bit.. My video card is the NVIDIA GeForce 7900
cs...

I accessed the download site and initiated the download site and selected
RUN to automatically install the new driver..

The driver I selected was Version 163.75 - dated November 6, 2007
Windows Vista 64 bit, US English - 43.4 MB..

The file is 163.75_forceware_winvista_64bit_English_whql.exe

In the process of installing the following message popped up..

"The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The Executables you
are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy
of the file, verify its integrity and try again"

I then re-downloaded the file to a folder and attempted to do a manual
install and the same message popped up..

Any suggestions? I tried contacting NVIDIA but so far no reply..

Thanks..

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!

Cal Bear '66

Re: New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007
Did you right click on the downloaded file and press the Unblock button?

P.S. If you read the installation notes, you will see that it is best if you
uninstall the old drivers first in Control Panel (Classic view) > Programs and
Features before you install the new drivers.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Jack " <jrhondeau@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the information but for some reason I can't install the new driver.
>
> If anyone can tell me why, I would appreciate knowing.
>
> My OS is Vista Ultimate 64 bit.. My video card is the NVIDIA GeForce 7900
> cs...
>
> I accessed the download site and initiated the download site and selected
> RUN to automatically install the new driver..
>
> The driver I selected was Version 163.75 - dated November 6, 2007
> Windows Vista 64 bit, US English - 43.4 MB..
>
> The file is 163.75_forceware_winvista_64bit_English_whql.exe
>
> In the process of installing the following message popped up..
>
> "The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The Executables you
> are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy
> of the file, verify its integrity and try again"
>
> I then re-downloaded the file to a folder and attempted to do a manual
> install and the same message popped up..
>
> Any suggestions? I tried contacting NVIDIA but so far no reply..
>
> Thanks..
>

> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>> New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007
>>
>> http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!

Qu0ll

Re: New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007
"Jack " <jrhondeau@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Thanks for the information but for some reason I can't install the new
> driver.

I have the exact same problem. I think the download file on the nVidia
server is corrupted. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

--
And loving it,

-Q
Qu0llSixFour@gmail.com
(Replace the "SixFour" with numbers to email me)

Jack

Re: New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007
No.. I've never done that but will try.

I really hesitate to uninstall the existing driver in the event the
new driver still doesn't work but I'll try it.. I guess if push
comes to shove I can always do a restore to a previous
date..

I didn't see any reference to installation notes so I'll go
back and read those as well. I guess they are right when
the say, "If all else fails, read the ---- instructions" .. Right?

Thanks for your help..

Jack

> Did you right click on the downloaded file and press the Unblock button?
>
> P.S. If you read the installation notes, you will see that it is best if
> you uninstall the old drivers first in Control Panel (Classic view) >
> Programs and Features before you install the new drivers.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Jack " <jrhondeau@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the information but for some reason I can't install the new
>> driver.
>>
>> If anyone can tell me why, I would appreciate knowing.
>>
>> My OS is Vista Ultimate 64 bit.. My video card is the NVIDIA GeForce
>> 7900 cs...
>>
>> I accessed the download site and initiated the download site and selected
>> RUN to automatically install the new driver..
>>
>> The driver I selected was Version 163.75 - dated November 6, 2007
>> Windows Vista 64 bit, US English - 43.4 MB..
>>
>> The file is 163.75_forceware_winvista_64bit_English_whql.exe
>>
>> In the process of installing the following message popped up..
>>
>> "The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The Executables you
>> are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy
>> of the file, verify its integrity and try again"
>>
>> I then re-downloaded the file to a folder and attempted to do a manual
>> install and the same message popped up..
>>
>> Any suggestions? I tried contacting NVIDIA but so far no reply..
>>
>> Thanks..
>>

>> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>>> New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007
>>>
>>> http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
>>>

>>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>>> GO BEARS!

Charlie Tame

Re: New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007
Always uninstall the old version first, makes a mess of your desktop but
avoids other problems. Turn off AV software and security software if you
have it. Reboot before uninstall, reboot after and make the new install
before doing anything else, have the installer package already
downloaded and on your desktop so it's easy to find.

Video drivers will bite you if they get upset during install, especially
with the 64 bit version.

I suggest you always keep a copy of the installer package somewhere so
that next time around if a new version gives you trouble (and that does
happen) you have a nice clean way of going back just by repeating the
above but using the older package.

A lot of people have trouble with video drivers and it seems like trying
to overwrite the old ones can't always be done, then you end up with
half old half new and blue screen. It does work sometimes but then you
never quite know how safe you are This is why you will be advised not
to let Windows Update do it for you, it's not because the drivers are
different, only the method can fall over...

Jack wrote:
> Thanks for the information but for some reason I can't install the new
> driver.
>
> If anyone can tell me why, I would appreciate knowing.
>
> My OS is Vista Ultimate 64 bit.. My video card is the NVIDIA GeForce
> 7900 cs...
>
> I accessed the download site and initiated the download site and selected
> RUN to automatically install the new driver..
>
> The driver I selected was Version 163.75 - dated November 6, 2007
> Windows Vista 64 bit, US English - 43.4 MB..
>
> The file is 163.75_forceware_winvista_64bit_English_whql.exe
>
> In the process of installing the following message popped up..
>
> "The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The Executables you
> are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy
> of the file, verify its integrity and try again"
>
> I then re-downloaded the file to a folder and attempted to do a manual
> install and the same message popped up..
>
> Any suggestions? I tried contacting NVIDIA but so far no reply..
>
> Thanks..
>

> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>> New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007
>>
>> http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!

Cal Bear '66

Re: New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007
Do you also have the 64-bit version?

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Qu0ll" <Qu0llSixFour@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Jack " <jrhondeau@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Thanks for the information but for some reason I can't install the new
>> driver.

> I have the exact same problem. I think the download file on the nVidia server
> is corrupted. Hopefully they will fix it soon.
>
> --
> And loving it,
>
> -Q
> Qu0llSixFour@gmail.com
> (Replace the "SixFour" with numbers to email me)

Kue2

Re: New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007
File on server is corrupted

"Charlie Tame" <charlie@tames.net> wrote in message
> Always uninstall the old version first, makes a mess of your desktop but
> avoids other problems. Turn off AV software and security software if you
> have it. Reboot before uninstall, reboot after and make the new install
> before doing anything else, have the installer package already downloaded
> and on your desktop so it's easy to find.
>
> Video drivers will bite you if they get upset during install, especially
> with the 64 bit version.
>
> I suggest you always keep a copy of the installer package somewhere so
> that next time around if a new version gives you trouble (and that does
> happen) you have a nice clean way of going back just by repeating the
> above but using the older package.
>
> A lot of people have trouble with video drivers and it seems like trying
> to overwrite the old ones can't always be done, then you end up with half
> old half new and blue screen. It does work sometimes but then you never
> quite know how safe you are This is why you will be advised not to let
> Windows Update do it for you, it's not because the drivers are different,
> only the method can fall over...
>

> Jack wrote:
>> Thanks for the information but for some reason I can't install the new
>> driver.
>>
>> If anyone can tell me why, I would appreciate knowing.
>>
>> My OS is Vista Ultimate 64 bit.. My video card is the NVIDIA GeForce
>> 7900 cs...
>>
>> I accessed the download site and initiated the download site and selected
>> RUN to automatically install the new driver..
>>
>> The driver I selected was Version 163.75 - dated November 6, 2007
>> Windows Vista 64 bit, US English - 43.4 MB..
>>
>> The file is 163.75_forceware_winvista_64bit_English_whql.exe
>>
>> In the process of installing the following message popped up..
>>
>> "The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The Executables you
>> are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy
>> of the file, verify its integrity and try again"
>>
>> I then re-downloaded the file to a folder and attempted to do a manual
>> install and the same message popped up..
>>
>> Any suggestions? I tried contacting NVIDIA but so far no reply..
>>
>> Thanks..
>>

>> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>>> New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007
>>>
>>> http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
>>>

>>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>>> GO BEARS!

Charlie Tame

Re: New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007
Good find, nice of you to test it and inform people, however the advice
still stands re future installs.

Did you mean Nvidia's server or has it reached MS Update?

Kue2 wrote:
> File on server is corrupted
>
> "Charlie Tame" <charlie@tames.net> wrote in message
>> Always uninstall the old version first, makes a mess of your desktop
>> but avoids other problems. Turn off AV software and security software
>> if you have it. Reboot before uninstall, reboot after and make the new
>> install before doing anything else, have the installer package already
>> downloaded and on your desktop so it's easy to find.
>>
>> Video drivers will bite you if they get upset during install,
>> especially with the 64 bit version.
>>
>> I suggest you always keep a copy of the installer package somewhere so
>> that next time around if a new version gives you trouble (and that
>> does happen) you have a nice clean way of going back just by repeating
>> the above but using the older package.
>>
>> A lot of people have trouble with video drivers and it seems like
>> trying to overwrite the old ones can't always be done, then you end up
>> with half old half new and blue screen. It does work sometimes but
>> then you never quite know how safe you are This is why you will be
>> advised not to let Windows Update do it for you, it's not because the
>> drivers are different, only the method can fall over...
>>

>> Jack wrote:
>>> Thanks for the information but for some reason I can't install the
>>> new driver.
>>>
>>> If anyone can tell me why, I would appreciate knowing.
>>>
>>> My OS is Vista Ultimate 64 bit.. My video card is the NVIDIA GeForce
>>> 7900 cs...
>>>
>>> I accessed the download site and initiated the download site and
>>> selected
>>> RUN to automatically install the new driver..
>>>
>>> The driver I selected was Version 163.75 - dated November 6, 2007
>>> Windows Vista 64 bit, US English - 43.4 MB..
>>>
>>> The file is 163.75_forceware_winvista_64bit_English_whql.exe
>>>
>>> In the process of installing the following message popped up..
>>>
>>> "The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The Executables you
>>> are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy
>>> of the file, verify its integrity and try again"
>>>
>>> I then re-downloaded the file to a folder and attempted to do a manual
>>> install and the same message popped up..
>>>
>>> Any suggestions? I tried contacting NVIDIA but so far no reply..
>>>
>>> Thanks..

Qu0ll

> Do you also have the 64-bit version?

Yes.