Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista Ultimate 32 and my Samsung 906BW LCD Display Issue!!!

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2007
fvlmasl2
 

Posts: n/a
Vista Ultimate 32 and my Samsung 906BW LCD Display Issue!!!
When I change any of my display settings (Brightness, Contrast and so on...)
my pc seems to accept the changes, but after about 20-30 minutes the settings
go back to settings prior to changes. I tried the monitor on a XP Pro pc and
the settings stayed to what I changed them to. I moved the vid card from the
Vista pc (not keeping changes) to the XP pc (keeping changes) and the changes
stayed fine. I also tried vid card from the XP (working pc) to the Vista
(not working) made changes to the display settings and sure enough, after
20-30 minutes they defaulted back to prior to any change. So, having said
all that, Vista does NOT work with this LCD, XP has no problems with this
LCD and with the different vid cards. Has anyone experienced anything
simular to this???

Thanks
fvlmasl2
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2007
Kerry Brown
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Ultimate 32 and my Samsung 906BW LCD Display Issue!!!
Sounds like a group policy being applied. Is this computer part of an active
directory domain?

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://www.vistahelp.ca


"fvlmasl2" <fvlmasl2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:71468434-AE3C-4EAC-B541-A2F2CA9A0480@microsoft.com...
> When I change any of my display settings (Brightness, Contrast and so
> on...)
> my pc seems to accept the changes, but after about 20-30 minutes the
> settings
> go back to settings prior to changes. I tried the monitor on a XP Pro pc
> and
> the settings stayed to what I changed them to. I moved the vid card from
> the
> Vista pc (not keeping changes) to the XP pc (keeping changes) and the
> changes
> stayed fine. I also tried vid card from the XP (working pc) to the Vista
> (not working) made changes to the display settings and sure enough, after
> 20-30 minutes they defaulted back to prior to any change. So, having said
> all that, Vista does NOT work with this LCD, XP has no problems with this
> LCD and with the different vid cards. Has anyone experienced anything
> simular to this???
>
> Thanks
> fvlmasl2


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2007
fvlmasl2
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Ultimate 32 and my Samsung 906BW LCD Display Issue!!!
No, it is a member of a workgroup I have set up at home.

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> Sounds like a group policy being applied. Is this computer part of an active
> directory domain?
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>
>
> "fvlmasl2" <fvlmasl2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:71468434-AE3C-4EAC-B541-A2F2CA9A0480@microsoft.com...
> > When I change any of my display settings (Brightness, Contrast and so
> > on...)
> > my pc seems to accept the changes, but after about 20-30 minutes the
> > settings
> > go back to settings prior to changes. I tried the monitor on a XP Pro pc
> > and
> > the settings stayed to what I changed them to. I moved the vid card from
> > the
> > Vista pc (not keeping changes) to the XP pc (keeping changes) and the
> > changes
> > stayed fine. I also tried vid card from the XP (working pc) to the Vista
> > (not working) made changes to the display settings and sure enough, after
> > 20-30 minutes they defaulted back to prior to any change. So, having said
> > all that, Vista does NOT work with this LCD, XP has no problems with this
> > LCD and with the different vid cards. Has anyone experienced anything
> > simular to this???
> >
> > Thanks
> > fvlmasl2

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2007
flambe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Ultimate 32 and my Samsung 906BW LCD Display Issue!!!
I have this monitor.
I calibrate it with an external device for use in color managed printing.
As much as I despise Vista I have not experienced any problems like you
describe. I use the monitor on a computer that dual boots into XP (for real
work) and Vista (mostly to see if it usable yet. So far, no).
It has been widely reprinted in photography newsgroups and such that when
Vista flashes those idiotic and useless warning screens that Vista unloads
monitor calibration data from the video card driver.
Hence what you may be experiencing is a shift from the generic profile that
will install with the monitor to a generic profile that is not specific to
that monitor. The shift is not reflected in what Vista tells you is the
profile in use.
You can check to see if this is your problem by manually switching monitor
profiles when you feel the monitor settings have changed.
By the way, for the best image with this monitor you should leave it at
default settings. It is, in fact, impossible to calibrate this monitor, and
the vast majority of LCD panels, for reliable color display with any other
settings. For its price it is a very accurate panel except it is way too
bright.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2007
fvlmasl2
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Ultimate 32 and my Samsung 906BW LCD Display Issue!!!
Thanks for the input. I have tried the 64 bit edition as well. Still reverts
back. If many people are using Vista and not experiencing behavior like
mine, could it be video card and Vista combination? I guess I could try
another PCIe card and see what happens.

Thanks
fvlmasl2

"flambe" wrote:

> I have this monitor.
> I calibrate it with an external device for use in color managed printing.
> As much as I despise Vista I have not experienced any problems like you
> describe. I use the monitor on a computer that dual boots into XP (for real
> work) and Vista (mostly to see if it usable yet. So far, no).
> It has been widely reprinted in photography newsgroups and such that when
> Vista flashes those idiotic and useless warning screens that Vista unloads
> monitor calibration data from the video card driver.
> Hence what you may be experiencing is a shift from the generic profile that
> will install with the monitor to a generic profile that is not specific to
> that monitor. The shift is not reflected in what Vista tells you is the
> profile in use.
> You can check to see if this is your problem by manually switching monitor
> profiles when you feel the monitor settings have changed.
> By the way, for the best image with this monitor you should leave it at
> default settings. It is, in fact, impossible to calibrate this monitor, and
> the vast majority of LCD panels, for reliable color display with any other
> settings. For its price it is a very accurate panel except it is way too
> bright.
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2008
BeckyWC
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Ultimate 32 and my Samsung 906BW LCD Display Issue!!!
I have tried to calibrate my monitor on several occaisions using i1, once i
turn my computer off and restart vista loads my calbration profile then
unloads it and reverts back. Why?

"fvlmasl2" wrote:

> Thanks for the input. I have tried the 64 bit edition as well. Still reverts
> back. If many people are using Vista and not experiencing behavior like
> mine, could it be video card and Vista combination? I guess I could try
> another PCIe card and see what happens.
>
> Thanks
> fvlmasl2
>
> "flambe" wrote:
>
> > I have this monitor.
> > I calibrate it with an external device for use in color managed printing.
> > As much as I despise Vista I have not experienced any problems like you
> > describe. I use the monitor on a computer that dual boots into XP (for real
> > work) and Vista (mostly to see if it usable yet. So far, no).
> > It has been widely reprinted in photography newsgroups and such that when
> > Vista flashes those idiotic and useless warning screens that Vista unloads
> > monitor calibration data from the video card driver.
> > Hence what you may be experiencing is a shift from the generic profile that
> > will install with the monitor to a generic profile that is not specific to
> > that monitor. The shift is not reflected in what Vista tells you is the
> > profile in use.
> > You can check to see if this is your problem by manually switching monitor
> > profiles when you feel the monitor settings have changed.
> > By the way, for the best image with this monitor you should leave it at
> > default settings. It is, in fact, impossible to calibrate this monitor, and
> > the vast majority of LCD panels, for reliable color display with any other
> > settings. For its price it is a very accurate panel except it is way too
> > bright.
> >
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sharp hits Samsung with LCD patent suit Paul Security News 0 08-07-2007 18:23
Sharp hits Samsung with LCD patent suit Steve Security News 0 08-07-2007 10:11
Samsung Develops First LCD Panel Using DisplayPort Steve General Technology News 0 07-28-2007 15:42
Sony-Samsung LCD JV to start production in summer Steve General Technology News 0 04-10-2007 15:05
Help with my Samsung 913t LCD monitor, please ... =?Utf-8?B?R2Vycnk=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 8 03-04-2007 15:36




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:52.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120